Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #16

Wearing colors

Quote:
[quote author=wolfman board=general thread=1207537143 post=1207540360]I copied and pasted this from the sherrifs web page:

Motorcycle Gangs
Outlaw motorcycle gangs are found around the state of Utah. The Barons are a one-chapter club based in Salt Lake City.

The Sundowners were big 20-30 years ago. Here's something for you to do next time you're in Salt Lake City...on 9th South, just east of State St is an Arctic Circle restaurant. Directly E of the restaurant is Edison St. On Edison, just N of the AC used to be a couple of houses owned by the Sundowners, the front yards had 8 foot cyclone fences which were their "bike corrals". I haven't been there in 10 years, I wonder if they are still there?
Cactus, Actually that's the Baron's MC house as you can see in the photo Caddman posted. I rode with them in 1972, 73. We had a house on 9th South then. I lived at the Club House in those daze. I wear no colors today, nor will I again. I've said, I'm to rebellious to be in an outlaw club.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #17

Wearing colors

Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #18

Wearing colors

I still have my old vest with patch from a defunct club, Centurions, from back in the mid 70's. We were just a bunch of guys looking for a ride and a beer. You could ride anything and no-one bitched although we hated waiting for the Harley guys to get their bikes started. We did have one run-in with a 1% club due to a couple of our guys wearing their colors in the wrong bar and then bragging about how bad we were. There were guns and knives flashed. The club folder soon after.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #19

Wearing colors

Ive never had a patch of any kind. Recently I considered joining a masonic bike club, but have reconsidered since. A friend of mine who joined says, the police check him out when riding with his patch on. And he rides a Gold Wing. He has since quit the club. Didn't like the attention.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #20

Wearing colors

Formerly wore the American Legion Riders patch, last year my post went independent for various reasons. The outcome our own patch

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #21

Wearing colors

Quote:
... Recently I considered joining a masonic bike club, but have reconsidered since. A friend of mine who joined says, the police check him out when riding with his patch on. And he rides a Gold Wing. He has since quit the club. Didn't like the attention.
That's kinda my situation. I don't want to draw the attention from cops. Or from the hard core clubbers. Or really from anyone. The only time I need attention is when I want someone not to run over me in traffic. Then I solicit attention any way necessary to stay alive.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #22

Wearing colors

Outlaws and Southern Sons around here. I don't where colors and never had a problem.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #23
Mega-Contributor

Wearing colors

Quote:
[quote:muhkthkt][quote author=wolfman board=general thread=1207537143 post=1207540360]I copied and pasted this from the sherrifs web page:

Motorcycle Gangs
Outlaw motorcycle gangs are found around the state of Utah. The Barons are a one-chapter club based in Salt Lake City.

The Sundowners were big 20-30 years ago. Here's something for you to do next time you're in Salt Lake City...on 9th South, just east of State St is an Arctic Circle restaurant. Directly E of the restaurant is Edison St. On Edison, just N of the AC used to be a couple of houses owned by the Sundowners, the front yards had 8 foot cyclone fences which were their "bike corrals". I haven't been there in 10 years, I wonder if they are still there?
Cactus, Actually that's the Baron's MC house as you can see in the photo Caddman posted. I rode with them in 1972, 73. We had a house on 9th South then. I lived at the Club House in those daze. I wear no colors today, nor will I again. I've said, I'm to rebellious to be in an outlaw club.[/quote:muhkthkt]

My bad. Yes, the Barons, not the Sundowners.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #24
Top Contributor

Wearing colors

So far, I don't belong to any motorcycle clubs. I don't wear any patches or colors. The only "colors" I have on are the ones on my Aerostich riding suit. I picked these colors to get the maximum visibilty and attention of the other drivers on the road. Hopefully, they will see me and try not to hit me!

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 04-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #25

Wearing colors

Quote:
So far, I don't belong to any motorcycle clubs. I don't wear any patches or colors. The only "colors" I have on are the ones on my Aerostich riding suit. I picked these colors to get the maximum visibilty and attention of the other drivers on the road. Hopefully, they will see me and try not to hit me!

Man that stands out, so I guess you got what you were looking for. Sorry though as they may see you and try to hit you. ;)

Old 04-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #26

Wearing colors

I belong to the Vulcan Riders Association.We have a one piece patch that I have on a vest. I hardly wear it anymore.Just to our meet and greets with other members. It has been my experience that if I am around 1%s and mind my own business they just ignore me.If I saw one broke down along side the road I would stop and offer assistance, and would hope they would do the same.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #27
Sr. Contributor

Wearing colors

Colors? Heck, I don't wear any patches. I have heard tell the Sons of Silence and some other group like the el doritos or something like that exist in Iowa, but I avoid such people at all costs. Back east they were nothing but drug dealers and trouble, and I would say the same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho (High Plains Drifter)
As we know one percenters get rather testy when anyone not of their tribe wears three piece patches. Many mc clubs have a singe piece patch for that very reason. There are stories in the mc world that in some parts of this country you will get seriously hurt or killed if you are caught with three piece colors. We don't have much problem here in Idaho and I wear my three piece patches all the time. Wore them on a road trip to Ohio and back and only regretted it for one day when a group of Hells Angels passed me and checked me out as they went by.

So, do you wear colors? Do you have problems with mc thugs in your area? What are your thoughts on colors?
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #28
Top Contributor

Wearing colors

I wear alot of patches with alot of colors on my vest but never had any problems so far.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #29

Wearing colors

I wear an SCV MC patch, we have specific instructions not to wear them in SC.
Sons of Confederate Vets, Mechanized Calvary

Old 04-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #30

Wearing colors

I am VP of the Magic Valley Riders MC. We wear a 3 piece patch. I have never had a problem with the 1%ers around here or in Texas. We are an AMA club and wear the AMA patch on the vest. This lets the 1% know that we are not going to infringe on their buisness dealings etc...
Our club was started the right way - you have to ask permission of the dominant mc in your area. They basically just want to know what kind of club you will be. Respect is their mantra. You wear the AMA and they leave you alone.

BTW never touch the colors of a 1%er (no back slappin') - sure way to get your ass kicked.
There are a bunch of rules for wearing a 3 piece patch. The dominant club in my area is the Bandidos. They have started a coalition of clubs type thing here is our area. They have all been very nice to everyone in this coalition. We are keeping our eyes open and will pull out if we feel anything isn't above board. So far it's just been a Calender of events type thing.

I love my club and I am certianly glad that I joined. These people are my best friends and I have gotten to do so many things and go so many more places than I would have had I not been involved in Magic Valley Riders

One more thing - 1% only accept Harleys...... I am beneath their scorn lol