Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-06-2010, 06:51 AM   #16

1600 nomad paint

I don't care what you people think.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #17

1600 nomad paint

As a new member to this forum all I can tell you is that the advice given on this forum is the best you will get anywhere period. The folks here are rock solid, genuine and very knowledgeable in many areas - some not even related to the Kawasaki product.
I have learned, as you will over time that only a fool asks for advice and doesn't take it.
Good luck

Old 06-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #18
Sr. Contributor

1600 nomad paint

Ma Kawii isn't in the To Care business. My personal opinion is there is no dealership in the USA that cares about any customers at all.
Dealerships are in the make money business and any way they can.

As a customer you are ocked in to a policy any dealer sets up. You either go by the book or you do things your own way.

You can fix that fender, as you please, or not. Since i ask questions you don't answer, I can't be much help. But as a x foreign dealer car tech, with vehicals costing well over what any motorcycle does, I know how to get warrenty even when a dealer doesn't like it.

At this point it appears as you didn't care for the bike and just parked it up over winter and something happened to the piant. That may or not have been a fault you caused.

The dealer sure doesn't care. it takes work to get to se the north American factory rep from Ma Kawii, or any dealer, to make a time he cane fly to the dealership and meet with you. Then you need all yer ducks lined up in a row.

Since you won't do that for me, I can only assume you won't do that for the dealer either.

No one just waltzs in to a dealer and says my fenders paint is bad, gix it, and gets anything done. it has never worked that easy in any dealer in the USA.

Ma Kawii doesn't care if you go tell 10 friends either. They don't need you, me or anyone else.

Basicly they make a sound and road worthy product. In turn people buy the product. What happens to the product after the sale depends soley on the owner.

From the crazing in the pics I would say at some point chemicals that shouldn't come in contact with paint occured. On whos watch i can't say. And you aren't saying either.

So far all we get from you is the rage of a child. The world won't follow that with reason, and this is likey my last post. I am not learning a single thing, other than you rant and rave, whining about the paint.

A fender in paint cost about 400 bucks, not that much money to whine about. To paint it over would cost more than that in time and materials.

The longer you wait to document a now out of warrenty problem, the harder it will be to get any adjustments on a claim.

And last just so you know.... you are the first person to have any complaint on the paint since the year 2000 when I first became aware of Nomads. This isn't any typical problem.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #19

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba1100n
"For now anyone who ask's I just tell them it's a factory paint job and I explaine how I have been treated by the company and that there turns them off to kawasucki. every one say's should of bought a HARLEY....I think I should have spent the extra cash myself and bought one. when I get rid of this piece of junk. Who wants to buy it now. 2 years old and its a piece of s--t. I'm sorry I paid it off._

:(" title="" border="0"/> Go buy a Harley then and quit yer bichin!!
VBA #01448
2008 Metallic Ocean Blue / Neutron Silver
*the coolest colors*

Old 06-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #20
Mega-Contributor

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
Why did YOU bring it up, then?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #21

1600 nomad paint

Assuming that its a fender, you can get a black painted fender for about $375.00 from cheap cycle parts. It is an OEM fender. Or buy a Harley for 20 grand and have lot of maintenance issues. Makes sense to me ::) ::). Maybe what kawi is doing isn't right but for 375 dollars i don't see where its worth all the hassle.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #22

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
I am a little confused for sure. However......

If you bark at the dealer like you bark at us, then my confusion has faded.

Do what you gotta do and good luck.
VBA #1047
07 Electra Glide Ultra (43,300 & counting)
03 Nomad - 37,972 (traded 5/6/13)
99 Nomad - Only a memory since 4/27/13

Old 06-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #23

1600 nomad paint

hi guys i have a 2008 nomad i had some problems with the paint on the tank it had small bubbles ,I did not notice them but after a few months they chipped of so i went to the dealer and showed him he took some photos sent them to kawasaki two weeks past and he gave me a call and said kawasaki were sending me a new tank .I never had any problems no whinging .The new tank arrived a few weeks later they fitted it no hassle it might come down to attitude but i was happy the way they looked after me that is my two bobs worth.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #24

1600 nomad paint

Not changing my mind about Kawasaki (nomad)! Its a proven bike! I don't know of any Brand that don't have issues. Sucks but sometimes you Have to suck it up and move on! I had a john deer , Good product right, Major engine problems , 106 hours of run time and just out of warranty . They did nothing! would I buy another John Deer.... Maybe !

Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #25

1600 nomad paint

I had a truck that I had to use the Lemon Law to get satisfaction. I installed a 5th wheel hitch, step rails, and a few other things. The company rep. said they would take the truck back after I quoted page and paragraph of TX law but would not pay for the accessories. I stated that according to page so and so and paragraph such and such, that they would pay for the accessories. I had everything documented and they DID pay my full purchase price including my add ons. Just a case of having all the TX law in writing and being able to quote the necessary info. I LOVE MY NOMAD!!
VBA#01280
KawiNow #1280
DarkSide#315
Patriot Guard
Army Vet

Old 06-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #26
Sr. Contributor

1600 nomad paint

All compaines are that way. When my 01 Nomad was stolen and it was covered for 1,000 pver and any contents the ins agent tried to tell me the contents were part of the bike.

I lost B&L shades costing more than 100 bucks, some knives i just bought for a collection, still in the bags from the store, and other tools like many short Snap On and the like.

We tawked and tawked... I wasn't getting anywhere till I asked the guy what his pastimes were and he said fly fishing... I had him hard then, since I also flt fish. None of that stuff would be included other than as contents. I got paid...

What i couldn't get was a deer skull with antlers i found and a 2 boxes of rocks, but I tried .

The rocks were real flint I dug up in Tn. I still wish I had those rocks since i knapp.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 06-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #27

1600 nomad paint

I found some small blisters on my front fender of my Nomad. I had purchased the good times extended warranty. I don't even know if the extended warranty covers paint. I just figured paint is only covered on 2 year. Did not see blisters till after 2 year warranty was up. Who's fault...mine. Me mad... no just a little disappointed. Would I by another Nomad... faster than you can say Kawasaki!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #28

1600 nomad paint

If the paint just came off for no reason, it would be frustrating to anyone. A friend of mine who is a Harley guy is having problems. His wife bought him a new HD, it came with lots of extras, solo seat, lots of chrome, pipes, fuel system, etc. He was able to ride it for about a year maybe 18 months. Then he lost the rear cyl (no compression). HD said they wouldn't fix it, aftermarket exhaust and other reasons. Dealer said he was not going to pay for another engine, apparently not his first! When everything settled my friend is paying to rebuild the engine. It seems the dealer installed the exhaust and fuel system and didn't install the map to make it all run together.
I think a new fender may be cheap. I'll take my Nomad and be happy!
VBA #628
IBA #54485

Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #29

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
I can understand your frustration but telling us "I don't care what you people think" won't earn you any sympathy or assistance here. We are all here to lend a hand to eachother when help is needed and we all share the same love for our Nomads. That is what this forum is all about. There are plenty of good and honest folks here that are always willing to help someone and more importantly, we treat eachother with respect. I suggest you do the same. If you can't, buy yourself another brand and complain to someone else.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 AM   #30

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider
Quote:
I can understand your frustration but telling us "I don't care what you people think" won't earn you any sympathy or assistance here. We are all here to lend a hand to eachother when help is needed and we all share the same love for our Nomads. That is what this forum is all about. There are plenty of good and honest folks here that are always willing to help someone and more importantly, we treat eachother with respect. I suggest you do the same. If you can't, buy yourself another brand and complain to someone else.
HERE HERE well said!
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14