Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 12-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to dabull
Superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsregalnadness
Not really superstitious, but we always strap our frog to the bike for any trip, short or long. He was given to us by one of our Biker friend couples. It's an acronym, F.R.O.G.

Fully rely on God. Keeps us honest and careful.
I like that;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #17

Superstition

Quote:
Not really superstitious, but we always strap our frog to the bike for any trip, short or long. He was given to us by one of our Biker friend couples. It's an acronym, F.R.O.G.

+1
I like that too!

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 12-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #18

Superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogooroo
Quote:

+1
I like that too!
Audio, I've always liked that Green on Green bike the way you got it fixed up. Trade you the frog.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:15 AM   #19

Superstition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogooroo
+1
I like that too!
Audio, I've always liked that Green on Green bike the way you got it fixed up. Trade you the frog.
Let me think about it....hmmmmm.....NOT!

I think any and every Nomad looks way cool, but I am partial to mine. Can't believe it's 10 years old.

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 12-31-2008, 02:03 AM   #20

Superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougster
My opinion only: Any guy who values and respects women would do his best to protect her while she is on his bike. That would mean not pulling wheelies, nor letting her get on with shorts, etc.
I agree.

Dan, sorry that it ticked you off...it's one of the many videos that I show my teens to get them to think before they act, and to think about just who they hang out with.

You better believe that it won't be my daughter on the back of that bike!!!

And Regal, I like the F.R.O.G. too!!! +1

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-31-2008, 05:57 AM   #21

Superstition

The driver was being stupid. Hopefully he feels worse than the passenger and learns by his mistake.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 12-31-2008, 08:14 AM   #22

Superstition

Never been superstitious but, Ever since my girl gave me my guardian bell I go to great lengths to not remove it. I clean it on the bike, clean the bike around it etc. For some reason I feel it is on there for life, never to come off. I would feel jinxed getting on without it.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #23

Superstition

ATGAT - I don't ride unless I put on steel toe boots, jeans, riding jacket (no matter how hot it is), gloves, helmet. I wear a modular now, use to wear a 3/4 helmet and I usually wear ear plugs (protect my hearing). It's not so much the sound level of the bike as it is the air moving around the helmet that can affect hearing loss over time. Especially because I tell everyone that I believe in ATGAT that I can't do anything less otherwise I'd be hypocritical.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #24

Send a message via Yahoo to novijoe
Superstition

Quote:

Amen to that brother....That's what I do ;)

Old 01-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #25

Superstition

In most of our local rides there are some folks that will come out and bless the bikes and riders before we all head out. I never miss that.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #26

Superstition

I NEVER RIDE WITHOUT MY LEATHER JACKET UNTIL IT GETS TOO WARM, THEN I SWITCH TO MY MESH WITH ARMOR. ALWAYS RIDE WITH A HELMET EVEN WHEN NOT REQUIRED.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to dabull
Superstition

this isn't a "clean-fit" for tis thread but,,,,on a recent ride we were hooking up at a locat MacD's...as 3 of us were waiting for the 4 rider, a lady parked her car down where we were at...we were at the far end of the parking lot away from anything/anybody out there all by ourselves...

well this lady, walks over and starts talking to us, her english was broken (she was Korean) but she was walking from bike to bike--front to back, touching each of the bikes....by the time she got to me, I realized that she was blessing each of the bikes, front, tank, rear....as she was walking away it truley hit me of this blessing she had just put on/over each of us...was an AWESOME feeling...very couragous I thought on her part, to walk over to 3-strangers and let loose the Angels:). Needless to say, was a GOOD ride:)

Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #28

Superstition

ATGATT...Since my buddy went down a few weeks ago, I really have been a stickler about this, even with my wife. She likes to ride without a jacket when it warms up but I told her that she needed to ride with one. After eating with some guys from the Motorcycle Touring Forum on NYE, I am thinking of getting a new high visibility jacket and some riding pants. I know leather and jeans are normal, but jeans don't offer the best protection.

As for the young lady in the video, I didn't watch it but have seen some young ladies on the backs of sport bikes that have next to nothing on and I cringe. Had one die over in Daytona when she fell off the bike and hit her head coming out of the parking lot...probably under 10 mph. Sad.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 01-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #29

Superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBull
this isn't a "clean-fit" for tis thread but,,,,on a recent ride we were hooking up at a locat MacD's...as 3 of us were waiting for the 4 rider, a lady parked her car down where we were at...we were at the far end of the parking lot away from anything/anybody out there all by ourselves...

well this lady, walks over and starts talking to us, her english was broken (she was Korean) but she was walking from bike to bike--front to back, touching each of the bikes....by the time she got to me, I realized that she was blessing each of the bikes, front, tank, rear....as she was walking away it truley hit me of this blessing she had just put on/over each of us...was an AWESOME feeling...very couragous I thought on her part, to walk over to 3-strangers and let loose the Angels:). Needless to say, was a GOOD ride:)
How cool is that?

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #30

Superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBull

Wow, very cool - and very bold. I like BOLD.