Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #16

Nomad wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
It's quite a sled for the money Rich, and if you can get one at a discount that's a real bonus!
yea it is a good sled lol. you wouldnt believe what I paid for my 04 Nomad w/8k on the clock......6k I think was a good deal :) Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #17

Nomad wannabe

"You can get any part you need for a HD even if it was made in the 1930's. Lets see how many metrics will have parts available in 75 years."

Thats because its the same basic design for the last 75 years, no big improvements except for the "german design V-Rod" ;)

We go on a few poker runs around here just to fill a Saturday afternoon and try to win some money. Not all, but at least once a month a bike breaks down and you guess what it is.

Just my .02's
Bill

Old 04-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #18

Nomad wannabe

Can't say much about the HD, never had one. My brother sold his Nomad to buy the Heritage 100th anniversary softail and he loves it, although privately says the Nomad is a better cruiser. He jokingly calls me a 'second class' biker and he is right. The best thing about Harley's are the marketing and brand power. At least they are made in America and a proud statement of our heritage. You gotta love it, even if you profess not to! Buck

Old 04-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #19
Advanced Member

Nomad wannabe

Last Saturday I had a conversation with a Harley guy. Found out I ride a Nomad and gave me "permission" to ride with him. As long as I stayed on the right.
Peace Makers LEMC

Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 AM   #20

Nomad wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
.... At least they are made in America and a proud statement of our heritage....
They're a sad statement on the moribund state of our heritage IMO.

And when they finally do make a real move forward they blow it.

Look, for decades almost everybody who had the 900cc Harley (the "chick's bike") was dreaming of someday moving up to the 1200 cc Harley: The Big Twin! Yeah!

But when H-D finally comes out with a really modern OHC water-cooled engine that actually makes some power and promisses real reliability, what do they do? Make a 900cc bike with it! And why? Because they were afraid the real Harley guys wouldn't buy a water cooled Harley.

Now those "real Harley guys" are the ones buying everything under the sun as long as it has the Harley logo on it. Everything from Harley Davidson beer mugs to Harley Davidson wall clocks to Harley Davidson rocking chairs to Harley Davidson underwear fer cryin' out loud!

And yet they couldn't imagine that Real Harley Davidson Guys would buy a high horsepower 100 cubic inch liquid-cooled V-twin Harley that could stomp all over the import cruisers? With a Harley Davidson logo on the tank? $hit, they would have been lined up from LA to Detroit to get one.

Instead they give them 900cc. another "chick's bike"! ...and it's a big sales flop!

This is the same kind of stupid thinking that is killing American industry.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #21

Nomad wannabe

Come on CaddmannQ, don't hold back, tell us what you really think! LOL!!