Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Throttle Lock / Cruise Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco
I have the Vista Cruz on this Nomad. I have had a Vista Cruz on every motorcycle I have owned since my 1973 MotoGuzzi Eldorado 850. Except the new 2010 Goldwing which has a full electronic cruise system just like my car.

The Vista Cruz is not a "throttle lock" . People describe it that way but all it does is use friction to overcome the throttle return spring so that the throttle controll can be set in an open position and then the hands pressure isn't required to maintain that postion. But the hand can still increase or decrease the throttle position while the assist is in place or it can release the vista cruz and the throttle return spring will close the throttle unless the hand takes over for the Vista Cruz.

Now (this is just my opinion so ...) to release my electronic cruise I have to push the button or turn the throttle down or touch the hand (or foot) brake. To release the vista cruz I have to push the button or turn the throttle down. The electronic cruise does have resume and accellerate and coast options but... If I want to accellerate or slow down with the Vista I just turn the throttle up or down a little then relax again. They seem to function about the same and require the same level of awareness.

In upwards of 400,000 miles over the last 40 years I never had it interfer with my operation of the bike. Course I seem to automatically remember to put the brakes on when I want to stop and pull the clutch in when needed and so on?
The flip a lever is also a friction nylon pin that puts pressure on the throttle handle from underneath.
You can basically do the same as your vista ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #17

Throttle Lock / Cruise Control

Hey Timebanit where did you get your trailer I like it ?