Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #16

2005 Sissy Bar Vibration

Thanks for all the replies. I did a good amount of riding again today and I really feel my bike vibrates more than it should. If i pull the clutch in and 'coast' it's smooth. If I accelerate the engine with trans. in neutral (bike NOT moving) i feel the vibration thru the bike. I am a mechanic and can claim to have some knowledge of mechanical things. In my opinion it is definitely engine related. The bike has the Cobra fuel processor, Cobra pipes, and a Hypercharger. These were on the bike when i bought it. The processor is set at the 'factory recommended' settings. Bike runs and performs great. If i reach back and feel the sissy bar pad it has a definite/noticeable buzz and vibration. And of course...much less noticeable at the base of the sissy bar. All bolts are there and tight. I feel the vibration thru the whole bike. I rented and rode a 2007 Harley Street Glide for 2 days (500 mi) last March (2009) and it was smoother. I still like the Nomad better. I am leaning towards an issue with the balancer but in all my reading and research it seems that guys who have persued this have not been satisfied with improvement after changing the balancer rubbers (4 of each). Can anyone comment on this or have experiences with this??? I understand the inherent characteristics of vibration from a V-Twin but feel my bike is beyond this. Thanks again...I appreciate all the comments and input.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #17

I don't know if this is related or not however...
Shortly after buying my nomad I was out riding with the wife trying to tune in the rear suspension for 2 up riding. For the first half of the ride she complained of that vibrating in the back, mostly at lower rpm and accelerating. After I pumped the shocks up in the 30 psi range she said the vibrating was hardly noticeable. Not sure if its in my head or not but now I think the two are related, I definatly notice more vibration when riding with a passenger if I have my shocks set up for 1up riding.