Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #16
Advanced Member

RE: ABS Hard Lowers - On Sale

interested for 08 models :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Motorcyclist
Depending on how successful it is and how much you can product, you might consider making these for other bikes too.
HEY, Let's make sure he focuses on us first.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
Advanced Member

You tell them!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #19

OK, everyone what do you think? CAD work is all done. I received the engine guards today that I ordered to CAD the bars and check the fit and I start the mold making process tomorrow. Sorry but I won't get much done over the weekend, my little buddies (my grandsons 5&6) are coming Friday night for the weekend while dad does National Guard Duty.

These will be a real clean fit. Similar to other production units how they fit the bars and will be quite universal. Some tricks are in the works and I didn't want to give it all away in sneak preview, just encase the tricks don't work, like that would never happen! So common guys what do you think? You like? Think they will look good on those Nomads out there?

Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xncrman
OK, everyone what do you think? CAD work is all done. I received the engine guards today that I ordered to CAD the bars and check the fit and I start the mold making process tomorrow. Sorry but I won't get much done over the weekend, my little buddies (my grandsons 5&6) are coming Friday night for the weekend while dad does National Guard Duty.

These will be a real clean fit. Similar to other production units how they fit the bars and will be quite universal. Some tricks are in the works and I didn't want to give it all away in sneak preview, just encase the tricks don't work, like that would never happen! So common guys what do you think? You like? Think they will look good on those Nomads out there?

I think they will look good on the bikes. I like the look of the HD style ones myself, and those do look similar. Will they have the cubby hole in front?

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xncrman

I like

Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #22
Mega-Contributor

Sweeeet!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #23

Awesome.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #24

Now you're talking!
Great look!

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 01-29-2010, 02:35 AM   #25

Build it, and we will buy!
VBA #931R
VROC #16379R

Old 01-29-2010, 05:25 AM   #26
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy

Am I being to critical { I don't mean to be} when I compare the CAD drawings with the pictures you first posted for us? The CAD drawings seem to look more like the H.D. or Premeaux lowers. I like that look more than what you first showed us. Are these one piece lowers? Is the "black area" in the drawings, an open area or a part of the lower?
Would they look like what "Ring" has on his Nomad?
Sorry if it's not clear to me. I had to ask. I'm real interested in a pair.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 01-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Am I being to critical { I don't mean to be} when I compare the CAD drawings with the pictures you first posted for us? The CAD drawings seem to look more like the H.D. or Premeaux lowers. I like that look more than what you first showed us. Are these one piece lowers? Is the "black area" in the drawings, an open area or a part of the lower?
Would they look like what "Ring" has on his Nomad?
Sorry if it's not clear to me. I had to ask. I'm real interested in a pair.

Hey Rickyboy, No way i would ever take it being mean and there are no such things as stupid questions either. To explain for you and others I apologize for not going into more detail on the CAD drawings, I'm taking every short cut I can but detailed to make great molds that will make great parts, so I have left out the details that will be incorporated in the mold making process. What you see is about a week of design work and engineering for aesthetics, easy of owner installation, durability, features and manufacturing cost effective to make them affordable for all us everyday Joes's & Jane's that no longer have those high paying jobs. Life is best enjoyed on the back of my Nomad or unless I am with my grandsons....

Anyway, what you see in my latest CAD drawings are actually two parts. The RED area is the outer shell and the BLACK area is where the inner shell comes through. The two will make a quick installation by capturing the upper bar of the guards. The KISS principal again.. When it's simple you will love it. The actual aesthetics design work came from viewing many pics of the Kawasaki Voyager which I think is a nice full dresser. I wanted the lines of the lowers to come from the bike but have a contemporary flair. I hope in the end I will achieve just that. I am sure not everyone will like but sometimes you have to please yourself too when your the one designing..

Thanks for the questions. I look forward to hopefully hitting the road this summer and meeting some of you at some events. Now back out to the shop and start making molds.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #28

A big thumbs UP!!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #29

Oh yeah....put me on your order list. These look very nice.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #30

Nice job! Keep up the good work!
VBA #1051 (Former President)