Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 02-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #16

Bad day

Sorry to hear about your dogs our prayers are with you and your family. Jim & Bea

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #17

Bad day

Tragic and sad. Sorry to hear.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #18
Top Contributor

Bad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
SWB, my heart goes out for you and all your family members. It sounds like a lot of us here have endured the same pain sometime in our lives. I'm no different,....if I may.

We had two cats and have one dog. We moved and one cat ran away. The other had a series of strokes and I had to have it put down. I had to call ahead and tell the vet the particulars and that I'd be coming in, dropping the cat off and leaving because I couldn't talk I was so upset. And that cat wasn't my favorite. The dog is all that is left of our animal side of the family. {except for me when I've drank to many single malts} The dog is now 12 yrs. old with congestive heart failure and I shed a tear every now and then knowing his day is coming. They are your best friends. They love you forever. Please accept my sincere condolences.

You can put your dog in a trunk of a car and he'll lick you to death when you let him out. Now that's love. Try doing that with the Mrs..

I hope I haven't come across as being insensitive with my dumb remarks. I hope that maybe I've lightened the load and brought a smile to your face for just a moment Jeff, on this "Bad Day".
God Bless
Rickyboy, your comments are in no way dumb. And I did lol when I thought of putting the Mrs in the trunk. No, can't say she would come out of there with a big smile, kissing me all over or even wagging her tail.

This even was tragic not only for the humans of the house, but for my two remaining dogs as well. It was clear that they were lost without their pack. So, my I decided to look into adopting another dog to help ease our pain and to help the two dogs develop a renewed sense of having their pack. We went to the local animal shelter and found 2 that we really liked. One is a Carolina dog. Now, I had no idea what a Carolina dog was until I looked it up. But one wasn't enough and we rescued another. A Catahoula/Labrador mix. She is a beautiful black colored dog with remarkable eyes. The iris is bright white and the pupil is black.

My two dachshunds took their time getting to know the new family members and then began treating them as part of the family. Running, playing and just getting along in general. My boys were very happy with our choices and appear to be much happier.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and your stories. I feel this type of sharing is very cathartic because it helps us realize that we weren't the only people who lost a very dear member of the family and that our reactions were/are normal and understood.

Again, thank you to everyone. Please, continue to share your stories as I know this helps all of us.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 02-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #19

Bad day

Well I've has difficulty with this site letting me on, so I apologize for not posting my condolences sooner. I am sooo sorry Jeff, that you had that experience and had that tough decision. 2 weeks ago my wife and I had to euthenize our 13 year old Rottie that was purely the sweetest dog we've ever had. I swear if you could talk and she could understand, she would do anything you asked. She died in our arms and we still shed tears together when we talk of her at times. I know somewhat of what you felt and am sorry for your loses. Best to you and your family. Dave

Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #20

Bad day

That is tough. Had a couple of dogs to put down and that is not easy. Couldn't hold back the tears and just let them go. Funny thing is my wife thought I never liked the dogs in the first place.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #21

Bad day

A good pet is just as much apart of the family as anyone else Its always hard when they go. Sorry for your loss. :'(