Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #16

Intercom/Music/Radio Systems

Dan,

Good to know, thanks and looking forward to your write-up. What kind of helmets were you and your riding buddy wearing?

Cheers,

E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dan The Motorcycle Man
My friend and I just purchased the Scala G4 bluetooth kit at the Dallas MC show and used them on the ride back to Memphis. I plan on doing a formal write-up but let me say we were both very skeptical and VERY IMPRESSED!! if you were to call me while I was traveling 75mph down the interstate you can not tell on your end I'm on the MC. I had my daughter call me to test it. The hands free VOX is amazing and the clarity was great. We were using a chatterbox FRS setup and we both had 05 Goldwings with CBs at one point. The Scala setup blows them away. It was like being in a car as far as conversation with not a word missed and no buttons to push. I don't know how they do it but Cardo has the noise filter technology down. Bike to bike worked great but we never really tested how far apart you can get. They claim a mile with the little antenna popped up. They are definately worth checking out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #17

I also believe that the G4 will allow 3 or even 4 people to all participate in a conversation at the same time as well. I've been looking into a bluetooth system as well and the G4 is the one I've decided to go with. I'm going to get the G4 powerset that comes with 2 full units so I can be in touch with my dad on rides.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #18

I have mine installed on a Nolan and the secondary on a Fulmer. I did have to put some foam behind the ear speakers in the Fulmer to bring them closer to the ear. This takes a little trial and error but it is very much worth the effort. The closer to the ear the better and the sound improves the closer you get the speaker to the ear. The system does have much improved sound if you spend this extra time getting the speaker correct. It also only takes minutes to mount on a helmet.
Dennis

Old 11-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #19

I'm focusing on CB comminications as every bike type that offers communications offers them. I bought a SCALA and it's sitting on the shelf.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #20

I have a Starcom1 system that works great. I has the capability to add just about any audio accessories that you would want. I use it to integrate GPS, radar, XM radio and for the intercom, very nice system. Their headset option include earbud connections if you prefer them over the in-helmet speakers.
If I was going Bluetooth I would go with the Scala G4 system.
Spoiled Bikers.com website has good prices and a complete list of available accessories.

Login or Register to Remove Ads