In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #16
Top Contributor

Weatherman

What other job in the world could you be wrong 50% of the time and everybody still loves you?????
Old 01-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #17

Weatherman

Quote:
What other job in the world could you be wrong 50% of the time and everybody still loves you?????
Or should we say wrong 50% of the time but folks still tune in to listen. ::)
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing
Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #18

Weatherman

Given thirty-seven years of flying small airplanes and 9 years of riding motorcycles, I have to say that the weatherman has contributed positively to my safety and enjoyment. The information has gotten better in recent years, probably a lot better since Trip was in the business (military?). Just don't expect too much, trying to predict how a global system will affect your backyard is not a simple task.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #19

Weatherman

Old 01-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #20

Weatherman

Quote:
I have always been told it is an art form, not a science. Actually though,I think they do a pretty good job.
Meanstreak, I really have to agree with what you say. You too Fish, and you too Ells.
Patriot Guard
Kawanow #263 (November 2007)
262 Prior Posts
Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #21
Top Contributor

Weatherman

Quote:
I wouldn't beleive a weatherman if he was sittin on the Popes lap. It was supposed to be in the mid 40's today, the high was 36 and now we have a 50% chance of snow tonight. Does anyone make snow tires for motorcycles??????????
That's some damn funny stuff oldbiker!!! You and doc are right too! They are wrong half the time and make it up the other half!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 01-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #22

Weatherman

It's definitely one of those thankless jobs. You know you won't please most folks, no matter how good of a job you do.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 01-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Weatherman

I'll always remember my favorite weather forcase...

"Partly Sunny, Partly Cloudy... A Slight Wind with Chances of Stronger Gusts with a POSSIBILITY of Rain growing into Thunder Storms.

Now...since it was the middle of summer... a chance of Snow was about the only thing he didn't mention and knew he would be correct on. As for the rest....WHAT THE HELL DID HE MISS???? Years of schooling to state the obvious!!! Nah...I don't care for the weather man much!! Sorry...here in Houston... if you want to know what the weather is going to do...walk outside and look. It'll change in 10 min anyway!!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #24
Top Contributor

Weatherman

Some are pretty good, but you're right Matt, Texas weather changes so fast that it really doesn't matter what they say.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #25
Mega-Contributor

Weatherman

Being a weatherperson in Phoenix has GOT to be the easiest job on the planet. "today it's going to be sunny and hot" is about all you need to say for several months out of the year. We don't have very many cloudy days and rainy days are very rare.

You should see how it is around here it rains. Literally, every local station has team coverage of the most insignificant storms. They have people stationed all over the valley, usually standing on the sidewalk near a puddle, and cars splash as the drive by. Being a desert, a lot of roads have natural washes that cross them, and are dry 360 days a year except for when it rains enough to get the washes flowing. Then there are the idiots why try to drive across them and end up stalling their vehicle and being rescued by the fire department. They get charged under the "AZ stupid motorist law" for ignoring the signs stating "DO NOT CROSS IF FLOODED".

I'd hate to see what happens here if we had some really nasty weather, or heaven forbid, SNOW.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #26

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Weatherman

No Kidding!!! I was living up in Dallas in '96 and they had a good snow, sleet, & ice storm... I say good... it did all 3 in one day for about 6 hours... watching the over passes pile up like crash up derby was funny sh*t!!! Living up in Jersey & N. Va for 10 years, I learned how to drive in snow...and try to avoid ice at all costs... Regardless of me know how to drive in it or not...now that I'm back in Houston..if it starts to ice or sleet or snow... there's not a chance in hell you're going to catch me out there. People around here have NO clue how to drive and it gets down right dangerous!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #27
Top Contributor

Weatherman

I could never figure out the difference between Partly cloudy and mostly sunny? One thing for sure its going to get dark out tonight, if not, we are going to be in deep sh*t!
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #28
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller
Weatherman

i know you must be kidding .ha ha
Old 01-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #29
Advanced Member

Weatherman

A lot of people have no clue how to drive in the rain. When I used to live in Florida about the 10th drop to hit the window someone would crash

Victor "Nightmare" Golubowsky
Moyers, Ok
Kawanow/VBA # 304
Patriot Guard
VROC
OKVROC

2001 Kawasaki Nomad Turbo
1998 Harley Sportster Hardtail Bobber Custom
1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550
Old 02-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #30

Weatherman

Quote:
Weathermen don't know what the hell they're talking about....(I used to be one).
Hey Trip - Now they have a special day for those of us that used to be weathermen.

National Weatherman's Day

When : Always February 5th

National Weatherman's Day honors weathermen, and woman who work hard to accurately predict the often fickle weather. Despite major technological advances and supercomputers, forecasting the weather is still a tricky, and ever changing business.

Knowing the weather is important in so many ways. It affects how we dress, where we go, and even if we go. Space launches are made or delayed depending upon the weather. And, knowing the weather can save lives. The most obvious example is knowing when and where hurricanes or tornados may hit.

According to the Air Force News, Weatherman's Day "commemorates the birth of John Jeffries, one of America's first weathermen". Jeffries was born on Feb 5, 1744. He kept weather records from 1774 to 1816.

If you see a weatherman today, give them your appreciation for a job well done.

No, I did not make this up. See it at:

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreh...thermanday.htm

Unfortunately, it's not a National Holiday and all this glory bestowed upon us does not change the fact that most forecasts are pretty bad.
Patriot Guard
Kawanow #263 (November 2007)
262 Prior Posts