Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #16

Another new member

Welcome joe...sorry 'bout the back...nico & i have some broken ribs!!!

bt...sorry....nico snuck in & grabbed the last cold ones....you know how it is....we were thirsty........we knew you'd understand!!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-20-2007, 12:01 AM   #17

Another new member

Thanks for the welcome, nice to hear from a bunch of folks with one common interest Our Nomads. I always run at least 91 octane, 93 when I can get it, pinging is mostly under hard acceleration or on real hot days, however I can get it to do it at any given time. Plugs have been pulled and look ok, dealer has checked it logged complaint with Kaw. I talked to Kaw rep at Carlisle bike week he gave me a list of things to try and give results to my dealer, however he expects it to be a faulty ECU. I would rather have them fix it than me spend my money to make it run like it should. I'm used to it now and it really doesn't bother me to much but I would like it fixed. The issues I read about and was told about with the Road King was rough idling backfiring through intake, and stalling mostly at in town speeds of 35 MPH or less, Its not limited as I hear it to the RK its their whole fuel injected line up. It must be true do to the fact of the way the dealer acted when confronted with the info. Not all of them do it but some do just like the pinging in the Nomad. My gas cap sings also people ask what the hell is that noise I say oh its just my bike singing to me that it wants to ride some more its not tired yet. Some laugh some look at me like oh yeah we got a winner here. I just laugh and go on. I will look into possibly attending the Eastern Rally next year if possible. My biggest complaint about the 06-07 Nad is that there are just not enough after market parts to pick from. Although there seems to be more this year than last or maybe I'm just starting to find different place to buy from. I will post a picture or two after I take them and figure out how to get them up. I'm not the most tech savy person around. I can fix or build computers but don't ask me how to make them work I very software illiterate.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:06 AM   #18
VBA Founder

Another new member

Welcome to KawaNOW, Joe. Make yourself at home.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 PM   #19

Another new member

Welcome Joe and stick around...

Old 09-20-2007, 11:16 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Another new member

welcome Joe nice to have ya

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-21-2007, 11:39 PM   #21

Another new member

Howdy Joe!

Old 09-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #22