Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-25-2020, 07:44 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi_addict View Post
I welded a bar to the kneck with two holes in it to go into the bracket. I wish I had seen the no-glide brackets first would like to build those but oh well this works great and it was super cheap
If you ever need a strong threaded mount in thin material I suggest rivnuts. Basically a big threaded rivet. I used them on the No-Glide and just about 20,000 miles trouble free.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-25-2020, 08:54 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Had a thought, how, or are you adjusting the miles on the odometer of the Voyager gauge versus the miles on your 1600? Are you just adding on to whatever miles are on the Voyager odometer? Or will you attempt to somehow set the odometer miles on the Voyager odometer to the actual miles on your 1600?

Old 11-27-2020, 08:33 PM   #18

I had 19k on the nomad and the voyager says 13k close enough I'm not gonna mess with it poor voyager wasn't even broken in and it's destroyed

Old 11-27-2020, 08:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
If you ever need a strong threaded mount in thin material I suggest rivnuts. Basically a big threaded rivet. I used them on the No-Glide and just about 20,000 miles trouble free.
thanks I am sure I'm gonna need some for this. What made you decide to go with a road glide fairing style? I absolutely love the look of all three lights in one fairing voyager is the only bike that does it the others run a fairing and a light bar OR two lights like yours

Old 11-27-2020, 11:35 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Yeah, 13K versus 19K means adding 6,000 miles is easy to determine. Though, if you ever sell the bike the title will have to report the miles as undetermined? I'll have to power up the Vaquero 1700 gauge set I have to see what the miles is at. My 1600 Classic has just under 34,000 miles on it. There must be a way for a dealer to adjust the miles on the Vaquero odometer in the event a gauge set has to be replaced.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by andyvh1959; 11-27-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:31 AM   #21

My title says the mileage when I bought it..... I plan to give the bike to my son in 10 years then I'll buy a real voyager lol.... This is the first bike I took to sturgis, mnt rushmore, crazy horse, badlands, cahokia indian temples in illinois, first road trip bikey six year old was ever on and will be the last bike my dog ever rides on sooo I'm kind of attached to it

My dog is my co pilot

Old 11-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #22
Advanced Member

I can understand that connection. My 76 and 94 BMWs will only leave my ownership when I am forever horizontal. Too many memories on both of them.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:43 PM   #23
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi_addict View Post
thanks I am sure I'm gonna need some for this. What made you decide to go with a road glide fairing style? I absolutely love the look of all three lights in one fairing voyager is the only bike that does it the others run a fairing and a light bar OR two lights like yours
I couldn’t find a voyager fairing at a reasonable price. I paid $650 for the complete road glide fairing with the oem frame mount and radio mount.

It actually worked out ok as there are no speedo/tach in it. I like the shark nose HD’s but if I would have found a voyager fairing I would have went that way. I as also looking for a voyager trunk but they were crazy $$$. I used a Honda Valkyrie trunk and the lines worked really well with the shape of the bags.

The voyager fairing and trunk would be cool as it’s all Ma Kaw.

Old 11-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #24
Advanced Member

I like the triple lights in the Voyager fairing too, gives it a unique 60's vintage look in the full dresser market. The attached picture inspired me to convert the big old 3.5" directionals on the Pacifico Fairing to LED driving lights when I modified the fairing to mount on my buddies VN900. It ended up with a unique 70's Vaquero kind of vibe. For my similar installation of a Pacifico Shadow on my VN1600 Classic I plan to use slightly larger 4" LED driving lights. And I also plan to change it to a wider, lower windshield to give it a more current look. Plus, since I'm only 5'-6" the windshield will tend to be shorter anyway so I can look over it when riding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KawasakiVoyager.jpg (65.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by andyvh1959; 11-28-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Old 11-30-2020, 07:04 AM   #25

That sounds awesome do you have a picture of the pacifico on your 1600?

My dog is my co pilot

Old 11-30-2020, 09:40 AM   #26
Advanced Member

Here is a mock up picture of how the Pacifico Shadow will look on my 1600. I know the proportions are right because I already had mounted the same fairing on my friend's VN900. I have two of the Shadow fairings in stocks that I bought on CL. Both are near perfect, and the one I am mounting on my 1600 has the airflow vents through the front of the fairing to the round vent controls on the inner side of the fairing, AND those big storage areas for glove, rain gear, etc.

This is my 1600 with the fairing clipped into the picture on Microsoft Paint. My 1600 already has the Mean Streak wheels front and rear, a Yamaha 1100 front fender, an aftermarket Harley style tailbox on a Wompus rack, Russell Day Long seat set, and I have Nomad bags I'll mount on it. The pipes will change to Vance & Hines True Duals. Now with the 17" Mean Streak wheels I can roll on 17" radial tires, lots more to chose from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VN1600TCMS.jpg (96.3 KB, 39 views)

Old 11-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #27

That looks badass!!

My dog is my co pilot

Old 11-30-2020, 06:12 PM   #28
Advanced Member

Thanks! I think the Pacifico Shadow fairing really has a vintage cruiser vibe to it that matches the lines of the Vulcan. But I think the Mean Streak wheels and Yamaha fender really accent the liens of the bike too. I'm anxious to see how it looks with the Nomad bags in place of the leather saddlebags. It will further clean up the lines of the bike as a full dresser. When you posted using the Voyager gauges on your Classic it confirmed what I suspected about using the Vaquero gauges I bought for this project. Have you got the speedo, odometer and tach working on your project?

Old 12-01-2020, 12:34 AM   #29

Ok so speedo not working took for test drive and it does do the sweep. The fuel gauge works..... Need to find out how to get the speedo circuit finished. It has a signal wire feed to.the signal wire on the harness.....has to be something simple..... Irritated me though

My dog is my co pilot

Last edited by Kawi_addict; 12-13-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Old 12-13-2020, 02:15 AM   #30

Wish I had more time to spend on it

My dog is my co pilot