Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #271
Advanced Member

Ken you will love the better mileage. Mine went up by about 3-4 more miles per gallon even the way I ride, with the throttle open most of the time. We get our first 80 degree day this week in Oregon so now I can get the bike up to operating temperature with expectations of even better mpg and more power.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #272
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlknvlcn60 View Post
We get our first 80 degree day this week in Oregon
Keep us posted please sir. Let us know what octane you run and if it pings.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
My flashed ECU is finally back in the bike, and performing as flawlessly as everyone else's flashed ECU is.

I can't stop to chat... I'm off out for another ride!
I just sent my ecu today, can't wait! Is there any special instructions when you plug it back into the bike? just curious, Thanx

Old 04-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #274

The instructions will be in the box with the ecu.

Thanks very much everyone,

Ivan

Old 04-04-2016, 09:58 PM   #275
Advanced Member

tonik I run 92 octane clear fuel most of the time. Since the ecu flash, I haven't run any fuel below 91 octane, but the bike runs great on the clear 92 and there is an abundance of it out here. The only thing is the cost. I may experiment a little and try some E-10 87 on a warm day just to see how it runs with that in it. I will let people know.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2016, 10:39 PM   #276
Advanced Member

Quote:
tonik I run 92 octane clear fuel most of the time. Since the ecu flash, I haven't run any fuel below 91 octane, but the bike runs great on the clear 92 and there is an abundance of it out here. The only thing is the cost. I may experiment a little and try some E-10 87 on a warm day just to see how it runs with that in it. I will let people know.
Awesome, thanks. Whats the highest outdoor temp you have beein in? I know you are in the flat straight but really warm state. Don't they have a road down that that has 11 curves in 318 miles? :)

Old 04-05-2016, 06:44 AM   #277
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
Awesome, thanks. Whats the highest outdoor temp you have beein in? I know you are in the flat straight but really warm state. Don't they have a road down that that has 11 curves in 318 miles? :)
a reverse deals gap huh!

Old 04-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #278
Advanced Member

tonik you are welcome....Thursday this week will be our first 80 degree day so going out for a run. That puts us at 20 above the norm for this time of year whoohoo! Just a few clicks west of here in the Cascade mountains, we have our own "tail of the dragon" highway 242 that switches back through the lava lands for about 40 miles with countless traverses, switch backs, curves that you have to go to first gear on and more through dense fir forest and lakes....very popular but won't be open until about mid-June this year due to heavy snow pack. It challenges less experienced riders to up their skill levels. Out here in the desert we have mountains that have long straights with some really nice wide sweepers you can get some serious speed on patrol and traffic free with spectacular views. This is, THE OREGON COUNTRY.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #279

Quote:
tonik you are welcome....Thursday this week will be our first 80 degree day so going out for a run. That puts us at 20 above the norm for this time of year whoohoo! Just a few clicks west of here in the Cascade mountains, we have our own "tail of the dragon" highway 242 that switches back through the lava lands for about 40 miles with countless traverses, switch backs, curves that you have to go to first gear on and more through dense fir forest and lakes....very popular but won't be open until about mid-June this year due to heavy snow pack. It challenges less experienced riders to up their skill levels. Out here in the desert we have mountains that have long straights with some really nice wide sweepers you can get some serious speed on patrol and traffic free with spectacular views. This is, THE OREGON COUNTRY.
That's a great ride! My buddy and I took that route when going from Eugene to Sandy two summers ago. It made our trip longer but that's what it's all about.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 04-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #280

You guys are making me jealous living here in IA, land of the squared off tire. Used to live in Virginia at the base of the Blueridge Mountains. Man do I miss those roads.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #281
Advanced Member

OMG... OMG...OGM. I just got Ivanized. It will be here Friday. Can't wait, can't wait. With all the good reviews I think this is the answer to what we all have been looking for.

I had just bought a PCV and auto tune. Didn't even get it installed.

I always think "Buy the best and cry only once.....well meby twice.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:57 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Ranch View Post
OMG... OMG...OGM. I just got Ivanized. It will be here Friday. Can't wait, can't wait. With all the good reviews I think this is the answer to what we all have been looking for.

I always think "Buy the best and cry only once.....well meby twice.
Any chance of returning the PCV, wouldn't cost anything to try. I'm thinking you might be in for a few anxious days ahead. I don't know how anyone could resist. Cheers

Old 04-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #283

Mine is on it's way home!! Should be here Thursday! Crappy weather and some "projects" on the bike will prevent me from testing immediately. This is exactly why I shipped it this week!!

Old 04-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #284

Quote:
What do you mean by "clear 92"?

I am unCLEAR? :)
(No really, I dont get it...)

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 04-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Ranch View Post
OMG... OMG...OGM.
What MET-RICK said - think you can return it? Even for a nominal RESTOCKING FEE it would be worth.

There are suddenly a plethora of EJK/PCV/Cobra Fuel controllers available!

Go Ivan