Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 02-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #1

Modular BT helmet

I want to upgrade my helmet and want to try a Modular Bluetooth helmet. I am looking at the HJC helmets . Anyone have any experience they would care to share ? bearslayer

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #2

I have been looking at Bilt helmets from cyclegear . Have same questions as You . V Scott

Old 02-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #3

Cycle Gear has some blue tooth helmets on sale this month. You may want to check it out.

www.cyclegear.com

Old 02-07-2017, 12:26 AM   #4

I had an IS Max BT (damaged in an accident) and currently have an IS Max II. The BT was more comfortable for me, but it has been discontinued. The II creates more forehead pressure and the air flow is not as good (but that may be a result of using on a very different bike, too). Both have decently deep ear pockets for speakers, and earbuds are comfortable enough, too. My bluetooth unit did not fit in the recess on the BT, but that recess is designed specifically for Chatterbox. The Sy-Max III has that recess, too. If you don't have a bluetooth unit that will fit that recess, I doubt that the difference in price between the II and the Sy-Max III is worth it.

These are certainly not the quietest helmets on the market, but better than most cheaper ones.

The II is designed to fit a slightly more rounded head (as opposed to an oval head) than the BT was. The BT was nearly neutral on the Lid Picker scale. The Scorpion EXO-900X is a similar fit to the II according to the current Lid Picker table, if that helps. The Sy-Max III is the same fit as the II.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #5

I had read where theres suppossed to be a new trend in helmets, where they want bluetooth capabilities in all helmets. I wear my Voss 1/2 helmet with my Sena setup....so I'm happy.
I can't update my sena since I have linux computers, they only update thru windows machines, so be aware when shopping for your bluetooth headsets.
I will probably move to chatterbox after my sena craps out, but, there are several other up and coming makes that have good reviews, and folks like them

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #6
Advanced Member

I have no experience with pre-made bluetooth helmets. I put a SENA 20S on what ever helmet I like the best. That currently is a modular Shoei. Consider going that route, you can get exactly the helmet you want then add the bluetooth to it. The bonus of doing it this way is you can connect to most other riders you ride with...cuz they all have SENA's too.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:12 PM   #7

I use a hjc is max II modular with a sena 20s.

I update the sena on my MacBook Pro without issues.

I like the helmet, had to get the xxl cheek pads which are smaller than what the xl helmet came with. I have chubby cheeks. I rode 14k mile with it talking to my son and the helmet was great and so was the BT sena system. Best accessory is the sena.