Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 01-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #1

Where does this hose go??

In the pic. The long thinner hose. The i.d. is too big for the overflow hoses and for the life of me I can NOT find it anywhere else on the bike. Has anyone else used this kit and if so where in the world does it go. Thanks in advance.
Cobra Fi2000r ,Fire & Steel light bar,Cobra freeway bars, Kuryakyn highway pegs,Kuryakyn pedal covers,Barons 7 LED tachometer, Chucksters' 2" risers, Kuryakyn RTB controller, Kuryakyn grips, heel and toe covers. Galfer S.S. braided lines.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #2

It's a generic picture.

Your bike has six hoses associated with the radiator and the picture shows five.

I bought a silicone set like this a couple of years ago for my Nomad and have had no problems with it.

MT
VBA 936

Old 01-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #3

No, I actually ordered and rec'd this exact kit based on recommendations from this group. Hoses all fit great and seem well made but I'll be dogged if I can figure out where that one goes. I have replaced the 4 others and I see the other 2 that come off the expansion tank. So where did you put it MT?
Cobra Fi2000r ,Fire & Steel light bar,Cobra freeway bars, Kuryakyn highway pegs,Kuryakyn pedal covers,Barons 7 LED tachometer, Chucksters' 2" risers, Kuryakyn RTB controller, Kuryakyn grips, heel and toe covers. Galfer S.S. braided lines.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #4

That's the same hoses I put on mine, that longest hose is for the crank case ventilation. It goes from the lower front of the engine, up over the engine to the inside of the right dog bowl backing plate. Just note how the old one is routed before you remove it, and put this one back by the same route.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 01-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanE View Post
That's the same hoses I put on mine, that longest hose is for the crank case ventilation. It goes from the lower front of the engine, up over the engine to the inside of the right dog bowl backing plate. Just note how the old one is routed before you remove it, and put this one back by the same route.
Ya' know I had a feeling as I had compared the configuration. On mine I had already added the external breather so mine is cut. I think I'll just leave that one off as the blue doesn't go with the bikes color scheme......Might match my boots though, hmmmmmmmm..........

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #6

Mine is a 1500, a completely different set of hoses.

MT
VBA 936