Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #46
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen S View Post
So as far as comfort, any butt burn or anything? Does the height change? I like the idea of 15" of support and the stitching. Can you ride long distances with no discomfort? Is there plenty of support for the passenger using the backrest?
No but burn. I have done some 10 & 12 hr days plus more shorter rides and no discomfort. I had them widen the seat for me in the front to support my legs more. It takes some of the pressure off of your butt and tailbone. Its wider when at a stoplight and your legs are down, but when moving its great.

Factory seats are made to feel comfortable on the showroom floor, not for the long haul.

I was told it would take a few tanks of fuel to get accustom to the new seat and have it conform to your body. They were correct.

There is way more support for the passenger, my wife is a happy camper now. With the stock seat she said she would not ride any more after the first few rides. Like sitting on a bag of rocks.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-25-2015, 04:28 AM   #47
Advanced Member

Quote:
So as far as comfort, any butt burn or anything? Does the height change? I like the idea of 15" of support and the stitching. Can you ride long distances with no discomfort? Is there plenty of support for the passenger using the backrest?
I forgot to mention the height did change a little, but I cant tell you how much now. I have over 13,600 miles and most of them a with the Corbin Saddle. I'm 5'8" and so I like to sit up and not have to reach out to much. I ask Corbin to build the back of the seat up and forward to support my backside more, so I am not sliding back, I relax back against the back of the seat area. I took a picture of a goldwing seat to them and asked for something like the picture.

They did a good job. With my wife on the back, she is noticeably higher, as the center of gravity is up. But she is happy and says she can see more, she is 5'2".

Old 02-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Ranch View Post
I forgot to mention the height did change a little, but I cant tell you how much now. I have over 13,600 miles and most of them a with the Corbin Saddle. I'm 5'8" and so I like to sit up and not have to reach out to much. I ask Corbin to build the back of the seat up and forward to support my backside more, so I am not sliding back, I relax back against the back of the seat area. I took a picture of a goldwing seat to them and asked for something like the picture.

They did a good job. With my wife on the back, she is noticeably higher, as the center of gravity is up. But she is happy and says she can see more, she is 5'2".
Thanks, Snake. I'm definitely considering the Corbin. Gonna give them a call and talk options. With the stock seat I can plant my feet flat, I kinda wanna stay that way.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #49

Does the Corbin soak up water if it's sits out in the rain?

Old 03-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #50
Advanced Member

Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cppr Busa View Post
Does the Corbin soak up water if it's sits out in the rain?

I have been on the road and twice it started raining during the night and when I came out from the hotel room there was standing water on the leather cover but it appeared to be dry under the cover. It has also rained at work and on the way home from work, still has not soaked up any water that I can tell.

Keep in mind this is a leather covering and I keep it protected with a leather treatment which may help plug the stitching holes. The leather may swell around the stitches also slowing down the water leakage into the foam below it. What ever the case, after I wipe the water off the leather I don't have the problem with my backside getting wet from the foam being saturated with water.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #51

Hey AllenS, you might want to checkout this fellow. www.GreatDayToRide.com. He is located in Port St. Lucie. He did my set a few years back and I have no complaints. His price is very reasonable compared to some other sites. Good luck with your decision.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 03-02-2015, 10:02 PM   #52

You can probably buy a rain cover for the seat.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #53

Quote:
I'm looking to replace the stock seat on my vaquero with either the Mustang or Corbin, would like to get input from you all that have them.
Get a Corbin seat. They're just as good if not better than a Mustang, which I have on my Vaquero. I did lots of touring last summer, so I decided to install a beer box for additional storage space. After some research I ordered the Corbin Streamliner Tour Trunk with black leather backrest, which will pair (but not exactly match), with the Mustang seat no prob. If I could do it all over though, I would go with the Corbin seat not only for the comfort, durability and style but if you plan to put a beer box on in the future, Corbin will match the exact leather backrest that comes included with the Streamliner trunk, with your Corbin seat.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJoe View Post
Get a Corbin seat. They're just as good if not better than a Mustang, which I have on my Vaquero. I did lots of touring last summer, so I decided to install a beer box for additional storage space. After some research I ordered the Corbin Streamliner Tour Trunk with black leather backrest, which will pair (but not exactly match), with the Mustang seat no prob. If I could do it all over though, I would go with the Corbin seat not only for the comfort, durability and style but if you plan to put a beer box on in the future, Corbin will match the exact leather backrest that comes included with the Streamliner trunk, with your Corbin seat.
I think the Corbin is the way I'm going. I do pretty good with the stock but I plan on putting in some long miles and if the Corbin rides as good as what I've read, then all day in the saddle won't be nothing. The vaquero is a nice smooth riding bike and a pleasure to cruise on, when I ride it's like I lose track of time..and that's the way it should be. And then ya have to go back to work, bummer.