Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vega View Post
You have big cojones Pete. I am terrified of wiring stuff unless it is powered direct from the battery or pulls only miliamps. Especially on a new bike.
Lights and horn are not too bad. I've done it on cars and bikes. That's about as far as it goes, though. I know just enough to be dangerous...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #17

It can be done, what you need to find is the wire that feeds the headlight switch, to feed your relay. I did this on my Voyager so that the driving lights will only come on when the headlight comes on, (High or low beam), it is in the wiring harness in the headlight bucket, but I don't recall which one it was, if I get a chance I will try and locate it.

2012 Voyager / Gone
2006 Vulcan Classic Anniversary Edition / Gone

VBA #02052
VROC #34932

Old 02-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Voyager View Post
It can be done, what you need to find is the wire that feeds the headlight switch, to feed your relay. I did this on my Voyager so that the driving lights will only come on when the headlight comes on, (High or low beam), it is in the wiring harness in the headlight bucket, but I don't recall which one it was, if I get a chance I will try and locate it.
I'd appreciate that. I studied the wiring diagrams again and just can't figure out where I could connect into. When you hit the starter button, there must be something that it turns off at the same time as engaging the starter.