Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2007, 03:39 AM   #1

Another new member

I just want to say to hi to all you fellow Nomaders. My name is Joe I'm from a small town in south central Pa. I bought mine in 06, its Green/Silver. Did alot of research looked at all brands read all kinds of reports and tests, all most bought a 06 RK, but decided on the Nomad. Actually the Harley dealer made my decision for me I asked about common complaints that a lot of owners were having and asked if he could fix them he said probably I said for $22k out the door probably wont cut it.He said well if you put on new pipes new air box and a power commander for about $1,100 it will fix those problems you described. I said its your bike, complaints are well documented and you tell me that in order to fix them I need to spend another $ 1,100. just to make your bike run right his answer was Yep. Told him what I thought and never looked back. Well I feel that I made the best choice I love the bike,someday I'll have to put a power commander of some sort on it for the pinging, could get a little better mileage and ping a little less but other than that I cant ask for more its everything I read about and more. With the money I saved I built a garage to keep the bike in. I changed out the seat in the 1st 500 miles. went with a Corbin, much better than stock. I added my share of bling but have kept the engine and exhaust stock. I like to quite sound my buddies all have pipes that make enough noise for mine also so I don't need it. My back is trashed so I really don't get to ride as much as I would like to, but I ride when I feel up to it. I thought about by a drivers back rest for the seat but Corbin's prices have gone nuts $250. If I could try it see if I liked it thats one thing. Noway I'm dropping that much with out a return policy. I will probably get one of those combo back rest storage things,never can have to much storage. Happy riding maybe I'll see you on the road sometime.

Login or Register to Remove Ads