Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Best accessory on your bike?

My 1600 Classic is my 1st ever cruiser. I still have my BMW flat twins that I've been riding since 1990, and on my BMWs any accessory has to be functional or its meaningless. I looked at a lot of accessories on cruisers, quite honestly with the usual disdain of "chrome don't get you home."

Now my viewpoint is tempered a bit. A few accessories on my 1600 prove they can look good and are actually quite nice upgrades. I bought my 1600 used and the PO had installed Kuryakyn mirrors with LED turn signals built in, and they are great! Solidly clear at all engine speeds, LED turn signals on both sides, they give signals bright high and wide on the bike, even to the point they are visible from the side of the bike to a vehicle passing or passing another vehicle. In fact, a person could build a custom bike stripped of the standard turn signals front and rear, and use the handlebar mounted Kuryakyn style mirror/turn signals and still have very effective visible turn signals.

The grips are those half chrome/half rubber style and are really comfortable while offering good grip and some vibe isolation. Though, no spikes on my bike, no need to show I'm any kind of bad ass. The seat I installed, a Russel Day Long is great; firm and supportive, though it is taller and wider, the "wings" make me sit forward at stops. But those same wings help me push the bike backward when seated on the bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by andyvh1959; 02-28-2021 at 09:21 AM.