Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2020, 05:29 PM   #1

Gauging interest in big bore 1700 pistons.

I am currently working on a 1700 in for tranny problems and will be undercutting the tranny. His cylinders are not in good shape and we dn't wanna put it back that way.

I have done a ton of research, measurements, inspection and assessing of all aspects of what is needed and been in contact with one of my piston suppliers and have come up with a piston kit.

This is a 1787cc (109 c/i.) kit complete with forged higher compression pistons, rings, h.d. wrist pins and clips. It is the biggest bore on the stock sleeves that will maintain sleeve integrity. I am keeping compression to 10.4-1 (stock is 9.5-1).

The stock head gaskets will be used but WILL require to be slightly enlarged which can be done with a dremel. Uses stock base gaskets.

Of course the engine will have to be pulled and the cylinders bored by a reputable machine shop.

Depending on my customer and his desire to go this way I will be placing an order. There is a $100.00 surcharge for just 2 pistons but if there is an order for multiple sets then that is deleted. Pistons will be ready to ship to me in about 4-6 weeks.

SO...if i get any commitments for multiple sets the price is $700.00 plus the shipping to you. Any later 2 piston orders will be $800.00 pus shipping due to their surcharge.

LET ME KNOW

RACNRAY

Login or Register to Remove Ads