Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2020, 10:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I don't think you're a jerk at all. I ran the windscreen all the way up and covered all the gaps and still had issues. I have (2) helmets (NC is a helmet state but I'm ATGATT so it doesn't matter). Both are pretty good lids. I don't know why I'm having issues. Maybe because I'm taller, maybe because I'm "wide", maybe I have just lost some tolerance to buffeting.

I don't necessarily need a stereo and speakers but I DO enjoy tunes. I get into my zone when I'm riding and listening to some good music. That's just me. To each, their own.
Hey, if music makes the experience better for you, then by all means a fairing is your right. I was just confused, I had posted a link where a taller/wider screen could be ordered and you stated you'd rather spend that amount of money on a fairing. I'm partial to an all-glass front, I like to see my front wheel and see more of the road, especially the road directly in front of me - it gives me more of a sense of motion than looking 50ft ahead of me over a huge plastic dashboard, but that's personal subjective opinion. The simplest solution in my opinion for your issue is a 2" taller screen that is made to bolt right up rather than a "universal" fairing that never is.
- V&H slip-ons
- Triple hi/low beam H4 headlights
- Desert Dawgs
- Half the F&S Catalog