Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2008, 03:58 AM   #1
Advanced Member

. . . and more overtime

We are going crazy tryng to finish out pre-buy on this past winter's heating oil.
Mon - off holiday
Tues - 10 hours
Wed - 12 hours
Thurs - 12 hours
Fri - 11 hours (my day off)
Sat - 6:00 m - ?
I ended up getting another driver's manifest and spent the day over in Hartland/Windsor/W Windsor/Brownsville Vermont. Gorgeous country. Spent about 1/3 of my day running around dirt roads in the hill country. Very, very beautiful. If I wasn't so busy I would stop to take pix. Mt Ascutney stands majestic as a reference point in my hectic day. I used to live in Windsor a couple of years ago and I have delivered in this area several times before. I am off Sunday and back to work Monday and one of the few drivers with a delivery load as today is the last day of pre-buy. Things will slow down quite a bit, but the stops will be much more spread out and much fewer drivers on the road. I am hoping that I am in a favorable status for getting a delivery load throughout the summer. Work projects kind of suck when you don't know what you are going to do when you go into work. Last year we inventoried and washed trucks, landscaped the building we work out of, did some landscaping fixes out at customer's where there was a spill that had been cleaned up, etc. I'd rather come in early, get my pack of delivery orders and vamoose out of there. My domestic situation is a shambles; out of clean underwear & work sox and not enough to put together a decent meal in the fridge. Sunday will be laundry, little bit of food shopping, fix up a good bachelor pot of vittles to last a few days and if raining watch racing, but ride motorcycle if not.

Login or Register to Remove Ads