Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #28
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodooman View Post
I'm not sure why the word "harley" evokes so many strong emotions and assumptions - especially from folks who have never owned one.

I am not asking for opinions on which is a better machine, vulcan or harley, or asking for advice on how to spend my money.

I'm simply looking for advice/comments from harley owners past or present, and more specifically I'm interested in the EVO motor. I think I could have a ton of fun riding and wrenching on an EVO. It's not as antique say, a shovel, knuckle or pan, but isn't as new as a twinkie. That puts it in a nice price range, with nice parts availability still as well. I think it could be fun and a nice change. I love to wrench and heard that you can tinker with EVOs, but that they're also very reliable. I have an original 1954 chevy 210 and keeping it on the road requires lots of wrenching. I don't anticipate that much wrenching unless I picked up a knuckle or shovel. I just may pull the trigger on one.
My brother in law is a die-hard evo fan. He has 5 different evo dyna models in his garage. He really loves them. I should ask to ride one someday to see what the fuss is about. I do like buck horn handlebars that were popular back then.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad