Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2016, 01:16 AM   #31
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleam View Post
Thank you cnc.

I am using the tires that were on it. There is good tread left on them but they're a bit old. I'm trying to get away with it for now. I'm looking forward to getting new tires this winter. For what it's worth, they don't make any noise or vibration going straight ahead, only banking. I also feel it in the grips.

Is there anything I can do about the glazing or check if it's present? I did the zip tie on the lever thing there las night as well and we'll see how that goes today I guess. Tomorrow is rain so I'll spend some more time bleeding again.

I only noticed the pad-shaped rust spot on the rotor during the build, and this was after I had ridden it four times briefly. Looking forward to my first full day on it today.
Most people focus on the condition of the brake pads, and they overlook the condition of the rotors.

As Mick stated with the coarse sandpaper, take it to the rotors as well. Sand the surfaces to remove the glazed surface as well.

I just did the rear brake of my skoot. I jacked the rear off the ground and with the tranny in second at low idle I took a sanding block on the outside and just paper on the inside to scuff the surface.

Doing the front rotors will require a little more elbow grease, but it needs to done

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Snake Ranch; 09-11-2016 at 01:19 AM.

Tags
carburetor, new member, swingarm