Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #1

I adapted a Fan assisted oil cooler for my 2013 VN1700 Vulcan Voyager

I just adapted a Jagg FP-2600 10 row hyperflow 2 pass oil cooler with a WeatherTek fan and thermostat control to my 2013 Vulcan Voyager.

I modified an M20 x 1.5 thread aluminum universal oil filter/cooler bypass 'sandwich' adapter to fit.

I found on eBay a 751-FP2600 kit that a guy bought and didn't use. ($300) I scrapped the two piece oil filter adapter that came with the kit. Then took a universal one piece 'sandwich' adapter ($20 on eBay) and worked it on my bench mount grinding wheel to reduce its circumference to nearly that of the filter. One side tap I plugged and ground smooth, in the other I placed the thermostat. A little careful dremel work to the engine case was necessary.

I fabricated a cross bar and welded a flange on each end, into which I drilled holes. It spans the inside measurement between the engine guard/lowers bolts. I painted it black. I hung the cooler with the kit's Uralite mounts, attached the fan wires to the thermostat and tapped for power. 3/8 ths inch ID hose, clamps, a half a quart of oil and ......no leaks.

As far as temperature lowering in real numbers I haven't a clue, I have no method of measuring the complete effect outside of the water temp gauge. Along with the two black plastic friction fit gap covers I made to close the space between the lowers and the radiator ( they funnel the wind blast directly into the radiator ) my operating temps on an 80 degree day above 35 mph have dropped a mark and a half.

I will take pix when I can next week.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by cruiser900; 09-14-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Tags
heat, oil, oil cooler, temperature