Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #1

Charging System

Hey to all, didn't want to bring an old thread back to the top, but as some of you will remember I posted in Dec. a problem I was having with starts and dies within 7 seconds. Many of you replied with suggestions which I again thank you for. Due to various reasons did not post after March this year. Any way, finally found some one to take the bike to Thursday and first thing checked was charging voltage back to battery. 12.3 volts at about 2000 to 2400 rpm.

According to the electrical section of the manual I downloaded, the voltage returning through the regulator should be min. 14.2 and max. 15.2 vdc at 3000 rpm. Can anyone with a manual in hand verify that this is correct?

Also, could this be what is telling my bike to shut off, the battery not receiving correct charge back into battery, telling ECM to shut bike down?

Hopefully this will take care of the problem and let me get this bike back on the road. Good riding to you all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads