Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Even then, you have to come back to the heat. When I go on road trips like the Orofino rally, I spend the night someplace like Flagstaff or Show Low on the way back, so I can get back home before it really gets hot. Unfortunately, that strategy didn't work coming back from Crescent City, I rode all the way from Riverside to Phoenix in well over 100 degree heat, it was 113 in Palm Springs and just got worse from there. That was the most grueling 300 miles I have ever ridden.
Scott

I know we do not get the heat you do but I feel your pain.

Last year on my return trip from the Estes Park Rally I rode 800 miles in one day.....in 100+ heat. It was 104 in Salt Lake City.

Right in the middle of my ride a certain buddy of mine.....I won't mention his name...let's just say he was a LL umpire, rides a Victory CCT, and is into Blue Leather...anyhow he knows I am melting in the heat and feels so bad that he texted me a pic of an ice cold margarita...!#/##$=% :mad::mad:
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Login or Register to Remove Ads