Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Repost: Sorry to say.....

Just wanted to post this here in case some of you might have missed it.

Yes,...sorry to say that due to family issues/health ....that it "LOOKS" as though I won't be able to make this rally in Orofino.

Long story short....my 87 yr.old Dad [ yes the same person I was out snowmobiling with this winter ] took a fall and apparently cracked a vertebra,... which lead to finding out there's a real possibility that he has advanced prostrate cancer. He's been in hosp. for the last week or so having tests and waiting for results and has to travel to Kamloops BC to see a urologist. With him having C.O.P.D. and being 87, he is a high risk for any operation so things might just have to run it's course ......and my mother is suffering from dementia and really can't be on her own for too long. Thank God my sister has come up from Victoria to be with her while dad is in the hosp..
Depending on my dad's outcome from any procedure that might take place...and his longevity .....the next step is to get them moved to an assisted living home, probably in Victoria. This needs to happen quickly and before next winter because they just aren't going to be able to get through another winter here, and live in their home. There is very little "assisted living" available here in the Cariboo Dist.. Thanks to our Liberal Gov't and their cost cutting.
So although I haven't given up totally on being able to attend the rally,....I will hold my room till the last moment,....in hopes I can make the ride. I was really looking fwd. to seeing old friends and making some new ones too. And maybe sneaking a steak onto Joel's bill/cheque when he buys Kris his "celebratory" steak dinner. Order the best Kris !!!
We'll see what happens. ...........I know this post will spark many comments and best wishes in regards to being able to attend and for my dad and mom. And I want to thank you all in advance for them. I'm sure there are many of you out there that have had to, and ARE dealing with some and possibly more of the same issues with your folks. ...So I send all the best wishes, right back at you.
If I don't get to make the rally there will be others and hopefully I'll be able to make those.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads