Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #1

NCR: Fantastic weather today for riding...

The last couple weekends have been great for riding here in the Midwest...

Last week my wife and I took off early on Saturday and finished the day having ridden just over 360 miles. We stopped a few times, but mostly kept riding. We covered a lot of area that day.

Today... the weather was again perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. Put about 240 miles on today, but we stopped a lot more.

Here in the Midwest the fresh vegetable stands are springing-up everywhere, so we picked-up a few things, including beets. Wife loves beets. I cannot stand them. Yuck! Seems women like beets more than men...

Stopped-by a Harley dealer (Sauk City, WI). Great dealership, and fairly large in comparison to most. As typical... there were at least 60-70 bikes there and they have all kinds of things going on. The best part is they have a discount store. Sort-of a close-out store for Harley clothes and accessories.

Anyone that knows me knows I do not wear HD clothes at all. However, when their chaps, gloves, helmets, and heated-gear are at close-out prices... it is kind of hard not to buy something. The quality is good, but I am only willing to pay close-out price... (I know... cheap-@ss).

I decided after riding for 7 days in mid-April down to Missouri and Arkansas in rain and temps averaging around 45-48 degrees... that this would be my last year to freeze while riding. I am buying heated clothes (of some type... hell or high water). This "close-out" shop had Gebring heated vest on sale (with all the added wires, switches and etc included - which are always extra). I paid a great price for the vest. Looked online and cannot find it nearly as "cheap".

I am buying heated gloves next. Too many have told me not to bother installing heated-grips. A majority seem to like the gloves better. We'll see. I have heated-grips on my Spyder and like them, but do admit the tops of the hands still get cold.

Hope others in the North Central Region had a great day of riding also. Time for a liquid-grain sandwich!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads