Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2013 - Estes Park, CO.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #1

Home from Estes

Greg H on his Harley and Me on my Nomad Left Estes Park yesterday morning around 7:30 am with the intention of either doing the 700miles to Des Moines or just 500miles to Lincoln Nebraska. At around 4pm when we had stopped for one of our gas stops we had seen that we were making good time and we feeling so good so I called the hotel we were supposed to stay at and cancelled. Around 5:30pm we were going through Lincoln and Greg slowed down and eventually pulled off to the side. We were in a work zone so when he slowed down I went passed him so I wouldn’t get hit by the cars behind me. I slowed down to see what he was doing I stopped on the shoulder. When there was no traffic I turned around and went back to him to see what was happening.Long story short, his front wheel bearings went out on him. Buy the time we got a hold of his Hog people the dealership down the road did not pick their phone.Ened up getting a tow truck to take it to the dealership and I called the hotel and the room was still available. When we found out the dealership wasn’t going to be open until9am we decided maybe it was better for me to ride on home since I had to be at work by 11am. So once everything was lined up and the tow truck showed up 2hrs later I took off for my home. My Nomad and I got home right around 10:30pm.
The tow truck driver told us that he had a Goldwing and was excited to get ready for Sturgis. That’s when I thought about asking Greg if he knew about the fact on Harleys, which is 80% of Harleys made are still on the road……the other 20% made it home! I didn’t think he would appreciate that.

PS Just got off the phone with him and he just pulling in to his house.
VROC#34321
VBA#01867

2012 NCR Rally Savanna. IL.
2013 National Rally Estes Park, CO
2014 NC/SC Rally in the Ozarks, Mountain View AR
2014 NE US/Eastern Canada Rally,Lincoln NH
2015 VBA/VRA Eureka Springs AR
2015 Antlers Rally, Antlers OK.
2016 SCR Rally Salem MO.
2016 NCR Rally Hillsboro WI
2017 Eureka Springs AR
2017 National Rally Lake George NY
2004 Blue and Silver 1500 Nomad(RIP 9-26-19)
2000 Red and Silver 1500 Nomad
2012 Pearl White 1700 Voyager

Login or Register to Remove Ads