Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
You really been enjoying your bike with so many miles in only 2 years. Thanks for sharing Ray! Great looking custom work. Also had been wondering what the non-Special Edition Vaquero would look like with Special Edition wheels. I like! Those are SE wheels aren't they? Is there now an SE running around with blacked out wheels?
Some time last year I removed the wheels and using paint stripper removed the paint from the wheels. Very time consuming job as I bought some weak stripper. It was also lots of work masking out the areas where paint was to stay. Overall was worth the effort. Thanx for the compliments. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens View Post
I love it! I wondered at first why it wasn't a lathe project, then I how small the lathe was - you did a great job processing a such big part on the machines you had available. further impressed
Funny you mention about the lathe. Thru the whole process of machining this end cap I was commenting to my mechanic that I really did miss the big lathe that the motorcycle machine shop had when I worked there many years ago. A full size heavy duty lathe that would have been able to handle all of this project with no problem.I guess there is that old time American ingenuity runnin in my vains! THANX!!

RACNRAY