Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #1

Question Vaquero side cover project... Need your help

I am working on building a custom side cover for my Vaquero. I had installed the Thunder MFG kit, and that left the left side of the engine wide open... And I don't want to use the factory piece.

So, as I begin my winter project, I need to build this piece first. Now I need your help. I have developed two different sized pieces, and I want to know what you guys and gals think looks better.

Both will be flat black powder coated, and will have a cool symbol cut into them, and lit from behind. They will probably blend in pretty well as I will be removing all chrome anyway. Both will have spacers so that they stick out from the engine just slightly, and will appear about 1/2in thick, so they have a beefy look to them as well.

The first one is a smaller sized triangle with all equal length sides. Smaller and cleaner, but doesn't follow the lines of the engine exactly.

The second was designed to fill as much if the gap as possible.

I would love to hear your thoughts... I will try to keep this thread updated as I build. Maybe build a few for other folks?:)

Login or Register to Remove Ads