Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Top Contributor

HD Tour Pack questions

I'll be picking up my beerbox on Saturday and plan to order a rack in the morning. The box will still need to be stripped down (of accessories, lights, etc) and painted to match my bike (black). I haven't looked for a painter yet (just worked out the deal yesterday) but I'm guessing it'll be ready to bolt on in a couple weeks. Here are my questions:

1) The hinges/latches are riveted on. Should I drill out the rivets before I send it off to paint or have the painter paint around them? I'd probably use small bolts with Nylock nuts to put it back together as I'm not very good at tight rivets.

2) It's my understanding that the rear lights are running/brake. I'd like to keep that but also use them as turn signals. Custom Dynamics sells something for Harleys that does this but I don't know if is independant of the HD wiring. Meaning, there may be something in the HD wiring (on the bike itself) that would make this work. What else is out there that would convert running/brake lights to include turn signals?

3) This box has a rear winglet/light thing. I'm thinking brake light only. I'm not sure if I can do both running and brake as I think it's LED so probably either on or off. More brake lights are GOOD but I'd hate to waste a perfectly good light. :) Opinions?

4) This looks to be old enough to still be fiberglass. I'm thinking about ditching the chrome trim around the rear lights. Not sure if I should bother filling in the holes it leaves or try to add something else in those spots. (All I can think of would be another light of some sort to fill the hole but I don't want it to look "added on".) Any suggestions?

5) I don't know that I'd ever use the top rack but it would be handy if I chose to. I think the top looks too busy with the spoiler/wing and the rack. Are there other, lower profile racks out there that would bolt to the same locations?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to do this mod right this time. BTW, here's what I got:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221085946946...84.m1497.l2649
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Login or Register to Remove Ads