Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
there is no wisdom in your comment about "Just because of past failures does it then make it ok NOT to try and address a need?"
So by your reasoning if your kids fail at something they shouldn't try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Changes our view? If he tried to balance the budget it would. If he quit apologizing to countries about our role in the world it would.

Healthcare trying to address a need? by who's definition is it a need? I say it's a "want" not a need. The constitution protects Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness; Not healthcare. If a person makes the decision to smoke and that leads to lung cancer and you expect "Healthcare" or "American Taxpayers" to pay for it then your really different than the way I feel.
Ummm when you work for a company for 23 years, come down with Parkinsons and be forced to retire your going to understand it is not a want but a need. I watched my father die curled in a fetal position thanks to shitty insurance companies who continued to turn down treatment or drop his insurance repeatedly due to clerical errors and some pretty shady reasoning. Visit a nursing home sometime and you will see many more in the same situation. My mother was a director of nursing for a nursing home in GA so trust me when I say my father wasn't alone in this problem.

The constitution states you have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I guess he didn't have a right to a life since his illness cost to much for the insurance he had been paying into for years. I guess liberty being defined as the power of doing, speaking, or thinking didn't apply either to that insurance company as speech therapy was one of the things they refused to cover. Hell i will end it with pursuit of happiness as the only thing the situation allowed him to pursue was pain and misery the last 6 years of his life.

Before you say well he should have died study up on parkinsins. You wouldn't wish it on your enemy.

So who steps in? Less government in your life? If it wasn't for government intervention that damn insurance company wouldn't have paid a dime.

I will address other comments at a later date. Right now I will just say the above thinking is pretty selfish and fucked in the head. That's about the nicest way I can put it as pissed as that comment made me.