Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > Western Canada/Northwest Regional Rally for 2012 - "Canadian Rockies Rally"
July 17-19

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #17
Top Contributor

I have to say....I am surprised and disappointed how many of our NW Region regulars are not going to be in attendance for the rally. They seem to be dropping like flies. I know there are a hundred things that can come up, or conflict with the timing of the rallies...or in Don and Charlie's case, vacation time that gets denied....

We do our best to pick great locations, and time the rallies so the weather has a chance to be decent. We do so nine or ten months in advance and pick mid-week dates to give people time to make the run there and back within the same week. A ton of work goes into planning the entire thing. Members have many legitimate reasons they can't make it and that's understandable...but I really don't get those who can, but won't make the effort...and I know you are out there.

I could say more...but I better stop before I start to sound like I'm whining. I'm more disappointed that members in our NW Region (which there are not a lot to begin with) either can't make it, or plain do not show more enthusiasm for the rallies. I'm pretty sure the Western Canadian Region will be well represented...and they don't have many members up there either!

I have been to four KawaNOW/VBA rallies now and had a blast at each and every one. I expect this one to be no different...even if only a handful of NW members show up. I will also be attending the VBA SW Regional Rally in late May....and looking forward to that too.

Your Nomad/Voyager/Vaquero is made for hitting the open road and seeing new country and terrain. Don't be afraid to head off into the sunrise for parts unknown to attend a rally or two...you just might discover how much fun you had in the process....

I know there are many of you guys who would dearly love to be there...and we will miss each and every one of you dearly. Hopefully, we'll get some new members off the fence and coming to help us celebrate in your absence...making new friends and sharing some good times....

Brought to you by your whining NW Region Leader....and I approve this message...
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016