Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #1

Ramblings of a winter's day ride.

Cool winter days I have to pick/watch weather forecast and correlate with my work schedule to catch those nice mild days to take the bike out. Yesterday was one of them.

During the winter when it's been a few weeks since got to ride ...when you get out on that bike it's sweetness all over again. Start it up...pull out of the garage and start down the road with that Nomad purring...it's a little bit of heaven.

A few houses down there are a few men raking leaves in their yards...their heads turn to watch that Nomad cruise by. See ya later guys.

Coming up on an intersection...you've got the green left turn light...quick look around and you just make a pretty sweeping left turn/ All the stopped vehicles at the intersection watch as you glide by. You know some are thinking..is she crazy...she's got to be cold....heated grips, leather, full face helmet....I'm cozy and having fun.

You think you're the only one out on a bike...just then you meet another brave soul...you give each other that big old wave of camaraderie for the road.

Then you hit your favorite country road. The one car in front of you turns off and it's clear sailing ahead. You glance in the mirrors to see the leaves swirling that you just went thru.

Home...again...park the bike in the garage....and as you turn the light off at the door...you glance back with a smile and think 'till next time. :)
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads