Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #1

Liz's trunk is done

From start to finish this project has a been a PIA. The old air brushed mural and decals that was on the trunk when we bought it was a real bear to sand off. Cracks and holes had to filled and or glued. Then the primer lifted spots from under it and ran so that had to be sanded out. A new air hose we bought sprayed something on the trunk and then the paint fish eyed and finially the red paint did not match exactly. This is what I get for doing this in my old dirty unheated garage. Then the rack we ordered for it came in the mail bent and with no time to order a new one I did my best to straighten it putting a flat spot in it. The whole project is not bad, just usual crap for me and not as good as I would have like to have done. And no time to redo it as we leave for Colorado Sunday. Good for me that Liz is not a perfectionist and she says it is alright for now. You can take a look at it at the district rally in a couple of weeks. Just don't look too close.

Login or Register to Remove Ads