Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #1

Drove a Road King today

Have a friend in his 70s who owns a 2009 Road King and I went to pick it up today to detail it for him before a long trip. He also happens to be the person I bought my Nomad from. I have always wanted a Harley, mainly an Ultra Classic, and used to own a Sportster back in the late 80s. Anyhow, this Road King is a nice bike. It has throttle by wire, electronic cruise, full anti lock brakes and the security system. It is a very nice ride to say the least, but to be quite honest, it is no Nomad. I do like the rumble of the motor, but other than that, I will take my Nomad any day. The King in my opinion sits much higher in the seat. Even though it is a full size cruiser, it does not feel as big as my Nomad and being 6'3", I like the bigger bike. The electronic cruise is nice, but it is an $800 add on from Harley. My thumb throttle lock cost $35 works just as well. The Harley just doesn't 'glide' down the road like my Nomad. It is just a different ride than the Nomad is and to be quite honest, I think my bike handles a lot better. (Could be because I have a ct on mine) I am not knocking Harley at all, I just like my Nomad a lot better. Some day I hope to get to ride an Ultra Classic, but I know that there basic framework is the same, so I am not looking for much of a different sit than the Road King. The Nomad seems to sit lower in the pants, and farther back from the tree. It is wider and in my opinion, better balanced at the cg. Would I take one if it was given to me?? Yes, it is a nice bike. If someone where to give me $20,000 to spend on a bike, I am afraid I would go buy me a Nomad, and spend what was left on accessories, and a killer sound system for it. Just my humble opinion. I like my bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads