Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Sunday's NC Ride

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's pics from their rides and have started throwing the camera in when I go somewhere....so here's today's story and I hope you like the pics and will come to Carolina to ride sometime.

I live in central NC....got up this morning and thought I'd go for a LITTLE ride and kept turning away from home at each new intersection ....turned into 348 miles through NC mountains.....some Tennessee and some Virginia. Had to break in that new ME880 didnt I???

This was Hwy88 in NC mountains where I pulled over for a quick rest...thought the Mtns looked nice.

Followed 88 over into Tennessee....I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU UNWIND2...probably still 200+ miles from you though.

Check this out...will have to be in my sig. line now I guess....ran across this little town...population less than 100...

Jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway for about 20 miles and stopped to see a few Mountains on the way.

Last stop on the BRP...you can see Pilot Mountain in the background about 50+ miles away. (if anyone has ever driven up central NC on HWY 52 you go right by this mountain all by itself...it was the inspiration for Mount Pilot in the old Andy Griffin show..he was from an area about 20 or so miles from there)

The leaves will start turning up on the Parkway soon and traffic gets a little crazy, but I am sure we will make some runs up there and I will post some pics.....a few trees were starting to turn already.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Login or Register to Remove Ads