Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #1

New to THIS Forum and Just Purchased a Nomad

Hello to everyone.....I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself...My name is Doug Klaevemann and live in Refugio, Tx.
I have been a Member on another forum(Beartooth Kawasaki) for around two years and found this one today...This forum is loaded with info about my new 2008 Vulcan 1600 Nomad. And from the posts I have already read...seems like a nice group of people.
I have been riding an 06 Vulcan 900 Classic LT for about two years and ran up at 34,000 miles on it. Before that I was riding a VN750 for a couple of years and used to ride when I was in my early 20's.
Anyway....Traded the 900 in for a 1600 Nomad the other day and rode it home (60 miles). It was awsome....I really think I'm gonna love this bike. Have not rode to work for the last few days because of rain. Don't really mind the rain too much...but I'm still in the honeymoon stage with the bike and she looks so good and new right now that I did not want to get her wet yet.
Also I've ordered a few things for the bike.
Cobra Light Bar...a must have
Cobra Luggage Rack
Saddle Bag Top Rails
Saddle Bag Liners ...from TLC
Saddle Bag Quick Release Knobbed Bolts...fromE Bay
Riser Spacers ...1 3/4 inch from Scootworks..may need Phatt II's
Have put my Highway pegs on..they are Kuryakyn
Also I have a speaker system for tunes...Uniq Cycle Speakers
And changed the headlight bulb to a Wagner BP1210..Bright.

Anyway...Just wanted to say hello to all as I'm very excited about this bike and this Forum

I'll be around.

Login or Register to Remove Ads