Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #1

Gravel on the road

Well as you may guess do to the heading what happened to me last saturday ,so here I go , nice day me and the wife were out riding and on the way home after a great day we turned to start up the hill were I live and in the middle of my turn I tried to stay out of the lose gravel and the next thing I now the bike went out from under me, now this road I travel every day and just that quick thing went real bad , Itryed to catch the bike before the wife could get thrown off but I remember her flying off and I did the splits and down she went. The wife got some road rash and I pulled a musle in my right leg . morral of this story is real simple watch thye road for every thing that lose sand and gravel is every where this time of the year and it will put you to the grond real fast so just keep your eyes open and stay alert to avoid this from happying to you . the crash bars did their job but it could of got alot worse than it was so all I can say is the Lord was watching over us that day.Stay safe out there and enjoy your riding time . ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads