Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Mega-Contributor

New helmet

TC, you are going to be proud of me...

I attended the monthly meeting of the Vulcan Riders Association, Chapter 1-15 (Phoenix Vulcan Riders) this morning. Each month, they hold the meeting at one of our sponsors. Today it was held at The Helmet Center http://thehelmetcenter.com in Peoria, NW of Phoenix.

As most of you may know, I am partial to half helmets. Mostly because I haven't found a comfortable full face helmet. Well, I tried the HJC IS-33 on, which is a very nice helmet, but the cheekpads were just too tight for me, even in the largest size (XXL). It was a 3/4 helmet with a full faceshield and a hidden, drop down tinted visor. I have been wanting one, but never had the chance to try one until today.

Disappointed, I tried on a number of other helmets in the store and then I found the HJC IS-MAXBT, a modular helmet with the same hidden, drop down tinted shield as the IS-33. I tried on a XXXL, and it actually fit and didn't squish my face. The store owner made me a real good deal, list price was $215 and he gave me the VRA discount and it came out to $169.95. SOLD!!

I'm not going to throw away my half helmets. I still like them and plan to wear them. Honestly, a half helmet is no fun in the rain or when it's cold, so that's the main reason I wanted a full faceshield. The fact that it's a modular, full face helmet is just icing on the cake.

Anyway, here I am at home, sporting my new IS-MAX-BT helmet in matte black:

VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads