Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 06-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #1

Short update on Liz's bike

I looked at Liz's bike today. The DFI fuse is good as is the CI fuse. I did not dig in and check the relay. Funny thing now is the fuel pump sounds like it is cycling as it should, which it was not doing when we looked at it in ES. And when you roll the engine over it smells fluided but nothing looks wet. The FI light is coming on so the circuit should be all right. And the engine will fire with a little starting fluid sprayed in the throttle body so I don't think any kill switch, kick stand switch, etc., has gone bad. Still sounds like a fuel pump problem to me.

Mitch send me a bill for tow service and I will turn it into my insurance company. Just kidding!

So in the morning I will haul the bike 60 miles to the dealer and let them do the warranty thing and hope it is the relay and not the fuel pump. I will keep everyone updated as we find out more.

And again thanks everyone for all your help!

Jim

Login or Register to Remove Ads