Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #1

2010 bike show

Deb and I were at the bike show here in Edmonton last night and I thought I would give my report on my findings:
First, it was evident that the recession still had lingering effects because there seemed to be less merchants selling their wares than last year. Deb picked up some deer skin gloves, while I accomplished my task of finding a heated vest ( Locally made I might add, not over seas ).

All the manufacturers were present with their 2010 line up so Deb and I fit tested them all.
Now, my inseam is 36", which I don't feel is freakish, but to find a bike that fit me was a challenge.

Kawi's nomad and voyager were just too cramped, Harley was the same way. Honda was not too bad, but they've discontinued the 1800 so that ruled them out. We even sat on a Gold Wing which Deb loved because of the comfort of the back seat, but I was not impressed with the leg room, and the fact that the driver has only foot pegs to rest their feet on , and cramped behind the opposed 6 cylinder heads would be a real turn off after spending $30.000.
But, the Gold Wing did inspire Deb to give the green light to get the Russel Day Long for next season.

The best fit bikes for me were two manufacturers, Victory and the Indian. There is a new Indian dealer in Calgary which we're taking a weekend ride down to this summer. Manager at the show said no problem on a test ride. (All right!!!!).
The Victory Vision Tour was a beautiful fit, but it just looks like it belongs in an episode of the "Jetsons".

The only model we didn't have a chance to sit in was the Stratoliner, our feet were getting sore and Deb was starting to bag out, so off we went.
One thing that always has baffled me about the Metric manufactures is why they don't offer a better line up of paint schemes for their models. If they did, in my opinion, they would obtain more of the market share than they all ready have. Oh well.

Biggest Joke there: Harley Trike conversion for a mere $78,000. Operators are standing by to take your call.

Anyway, that's my report from Edmonton,
take care everyone,

voyager.

PS. The whole experience sure made me happy with my '07 Nomad.

Login or Register to Remove Ads