Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to ken
Engine Heat

On the day I rode my Nomad from home (Hamburg, Germany area) to Frankfurt it was a unusually warm when I noticed what I considered excessive heat radiating from the left side of my rear cylinder. Given the ambient heat of the day, i didn't think too much about, but noticed that the heat continued on latter short rides. As I was due for an 18,000 KM service, I mentioned it to the mechanic when I took it into the garage. When I picked up the bike a few days later, he indicated that they measured the heat all around the engine and it was within acceptable limits. I’ve experienced no problem with the bike at all….runs good, no heat light, all fluids OK. Hummmmm

Then I thought…I have one of these extra loud horns (Strebel?) mounted on the left side under the upper part of the highway bar. I also mounted driving lights on the highway bars about halfway down and on the inside of the bars.

Question – does anyone think it’s possible that the light and the horn on the left side are hindering the airflow and as a result, doesn’t allow sufficient cooling air to reach the rear cylinder? Thoughts please. ???

Login or Register to Remove Ads