Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Ride Your Nomad Without Bags

I need help...OK, my wife has said that for years but....

I saw the “Ride Your Nomad Without Bags” by Les Covey on Gadget's Paint and Body page. I love the different look it gives the Nomad. I have a T-Bag so I don't need my hard bags on day trips, just overnights.

The problem is, I don't weld. So I contacted all my friends...they don't weld either. Now I got desperate, I contacted several welding shops. The only one that would consider the job quoted $200 to fabricate in steel (not stainless). I would still have to send it out to be chromed. I'm not cheap <g> but that is really stretching it.

Anyone willing to take this on? I have an 07 with stock pipes so the down tube would probably have to be slightly larger than the one Les used. If not, looks like I gotta put the bags back on.

Looks like I'm getting readers...anybody want to comment? Anybody know how to get up with Les Covey? I asked Gadget but he had no email contact.

Login or Register to Remove Ads