Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #1

Parking Lot Practice

Part of riding fun is riding safely. So, if there is sufficient interest, I will do my best to organize and host a PLP.

I've read more than a few posts by riders who struggle at slow speed [of course those fast corners can get you too!]

I'm thinking of one of the first three Sunday's in September when it's a little cooler. If there's enough interest, I'll put up a poll for dates. It would be best to plan in a central place like Orlando if someone has a site, if not, there is a site in Melbourne that's used for the beginners course.

Cones are set out and we practice, slalom, avoidance turns, slow ride and those pesky u-turns. Full riding gear will be required and waivers for liability. All riding is done at slow speeds and is intended to improve our riding skill. More experienced riders will demo how to do the different course pieces and those riding two up are encouraged to practice with their rider as well.

Of course we end with a lunch ride and a good time is had by all. So, post up with thoughts,

Jim

Login or Register to Remove Ads