Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Trashy smokers - a rant

I used to smoke. Because I started smoking in the army, I always field-stripped my cigarettes. I try not to litter.

Today, I was coming home from work on I-270. Because of the light traffic due to holidays, we were cruising at 70-75. I was comfortably behind a cage. Suddenly, the embers from a bouncing cigarette caught my attention. Then the butt hit me in the knee. I've watched lots of smokers throw their butts out the window. It's pi55ed me off that 1) they think the world is their ashtray 2) they don't care that a motorcyclist might have trouble if it happened to bounce wrong. I've never been hit before.

I'm not sure what happened after it hit my knee-- full-face helmets narrow the field of vision. I'm not even sure if it came from the car immediately in front or the one in front of it.

I'm not talking about all smokers. But if you throw butts out the window, I want to know ... Why do you do this? Cars have ashtrays. What prevents you from using it?

Login or Register to Remove Ads