Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #1

Question New Reckless fairing is in!!

Ok, the new fairing is in and it looks great! It's a little off center, but thats do-able. My new issue is that my driving lights no longer fit. What I need to know is what everyone is using for mounts. I have Princess Auto spot lights with visors as my driving lights and home made brackets, but my brackets extended wouldn't even come close to fitting. Pictures would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Mega-Contributor

Well since your driving lights are a custom design, maybe some pictures of them and how they are mounted might help us come up with some solutions.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #3

I just got my reckless fairing yesterday and found that my handlebar risers are too long! They came with the bike when I bought it and I think they are Phatrisers. What's the highest Phariser (Or any other riser) I can use? Also, Anyone who uses the Sena SMH10, have you found a fairing stereo that will stream the sound to your headset?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #4

I had to space my driving lights out, as well as exchange my Phatt risers for some HD pull backs to clear my stereo

Old 10-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #5

Voyager, so any of the HD pullbacks will fit the kawasaki? I checked the Phatrisers at scootworks and there is a 4" version which might fit. I went and measured my risers at lunch and they are the 5.5" Phatrisers. Looks the the HD pullbacks are cheaper too. Also, what stereo are you using?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyetube View Post
Voyager, so any of the HD pullbacks will fit the kawasaki? I checked the Phatrisers at scootworks and there is a 4" version which might fit. I went and measured my risers at lunch and they are the 5.5" Phatrisers. Looks the the HD pullbacks are cheaper too. Also, what stereo are you using?
Congrats on the new fairing
The HD 4" pull back risers work on the Reckless, Thats what I had,, To me it looked to cluttered so I sold them.. Going to try the 1700 Bars I got from Jared.. If you go the HD route go to E Bay to grab a set,and a Set of caps.. You willalso need Stud adapters like from Scoot Works,, They are 1/2" ips for the riser side and 10mm for the Nomad side,,, They are about 15$.. On the VROC site a guy had a bunch made up and is selling for likw 5$ a pair

Old 10-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #7

Crying Help

I received my new fairing today after I ordered on Friday of last week (quick). My question is, how do you mount it to the bike? The bolt holes on the fairing do not match up with any part of my windsheild brackets? I searched the box for mounting brackets but came up empty. The box only had the fairing and the windscreen! Am I missing something here? Am I not seeing the connection to the bolt holes and bike? Please advise as to what I may be doing wrong.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz View Post
I received my new fairing today after I ordered on Friday of last week (quick). My question is, how do you mount it to the bike? The bolt holes on the fairing do not match up with any part of my windsheild brackets? I searched the box for mounting brackets but came up empty. The box only had the fairing and the windscreen! Am I missing something here? Am I not seeing the connection to the bolt holes and bike? Please advise as to what I may be doing wrong.
Assuming you have a 1600 Nomad with the stock windshield, you remove the windshield assembly (2 bolts each side), leaving the windshield mounting bracket on the bike. The mounting brackets have a rounded end, which is what the fairing mounts to. The other end has two holes which should match up to the windshield mounting holes on the windshield bracket.

If you didn't receive the brackets, then you have a problem. Call Reckless and speak to Alex and explain your situation.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz View Post
inside the box I got there was a ups envelope that had the brackets in it. Hopefully you didn't throw that away. Mine was taped to the top of the fairing when I opened the box and I could have missed it had I not felt the weight when I picked it up.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #10
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Hey!!! does Trip allow " the Shield" on this site???Scott????

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 10-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
Hey!!! does Trip allow " the Shield" on this site???Scott????
There are no restrictions.
Be proud of what you have, ride safe, stay healthy.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 10-22-2011, 02:16 AM   #12
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Ya but not near as big as he was!!

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722