Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 02-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #1

Old School Sprung solo saddle

Howdy One and all: I'm the old curmudgeon who's rendition of an Ol' School tractor seat made it to this forum. I thought since pictures of it made it into KAWANOW, I might as well join in introducing myself. I'm currently a Project Manager Tool Design Engineer for the Boeing Company here in Everett. I sold/traded off my old '88 FLHS Harley bagger for a 'new' 2008 Nomad.
A bike that I'd contemplated buying for several years now and finally just went and did it!. The 2008 Nomad 1600 being the last year for the shaft-driven Nomad I feel particularly thankful to have bought that year rather than the current 2009; which I feel has been hit with the "ugly stick" and cheapened both in looks and execution considerably.
I chose to try and build an "adapter" that would allow my fitting of an old harley solo saddle to my new Nomad; just for "kicks" and admittedly although hardwood was my choice of fabrication material, it allowed easy and quick modification to get the geometry correct for my needs. Looks were not particularly
one of my priorities and I suppose I could have just as easily fabricated it out of aluminum and mild steel etc. but it is what it is.
No appologies, and yes: It is VERY COMFORTABLE!!!!
My thanks to Kris Olsen for posting pictures of it on KawaNow!

N.L.Dunnavan

Login or Register to Remove Ads